Board take-over's. Decided before the game?

How come everytime the same clubs get taken over? West Ham, Inter, Cagliari .. every game is the same clubs. Is this set by SI in some file somewhere? Or is it just coincidence? Some clubs have their chairman status at 'willing to listen to offers' ... but when you look at relations (in the FM Editor) you see they love their club a 100%, so why their willing to listen to offers? With what has that got to do? Cause some other chairman 'love' their team and stay for years, but a real difference with the chairman who are willing to listen to offers I cannot find (stat wise).

Further in the game much is possible, but in the begin it looks like everything has been programmed ..

Is their some explanation for this? What makes a chairman willing to listen to offers?

Financial reasons mainly, age I believe can be another factor.

Mostly at the start of the game though it's the teams who have mooted in the media (often correctly) that are open to selling the club. eg Newcastle.

But like you say the further in to the game anyone can get a takeover.

ive been thinking of this also. And the same players always go to the same clubs at the start of a new game. It does get a bit boring when you know you can take over a club that is going to be bought and maybe get a lot of money. The same with players. You know how much you can buy them for because they always move to the same team for the same price on every single game

ive been thinking of this also. And the same players always go to the same clubs at the start of a new game. It does get a bit boring when you know you can take over a club that is going to be bought and maybe get a lot of money. The same with players. You know how much you can buy them for because they always move to the same team for the same price on every single game

I think this is tied into manager prefered moves (or whatever it is they're called) so when shortlists are set up at the beinning of the game the same players always satisy the needs.

Man City seem to be the worst too, in FM09 they would always sign Srna every single game immediately as soon as the save started, now this season it's the same with Moutinho.

There's a player that annoyed me on 09.

If I managed City and tryed to buy him he'd go to spurs.

When I managed Spurs and tried to sign him he went to City.

Obviously his PPM is avoids human managers.

There's a player that annoyed me on 09.

If I managed City and tryed to buy him he'd go to spurs.

When I managed Spurs and tried to sign him he went to City.

Obviously his PPM is avoids human managers.

You're probably not far wrong, he would have been avoiding an inexperienced manager :thup:

Archived