Limiting opposition shots.

I was wondering how you guys accomplish this?

I have a successful squad seven seasons in but give up at least 15 shots every game. I win alot but may have a massive heart attack soon. I recently switched from a 442 to a 4141 with pushed wingers but it hasn't helped at all. I just now have less possession/attempts.

So how have you dealt with this with your squad?:)

I just can't figure it out. I play without DM then I give up five thousand shots. I play a DM and I still give up a bunch, with added bonus of not getting more than 2 shots myself. You'd think it would be easier with a world class team to find a good tactic, but that's why I play FM. Cheers to real-life managers!

My stopper is set to close down area and same for the coverman. DMC is set at the first notch of own half. Team is set to default. They get so many shots it's a little of both. Not a big deal, we're still good, we just never truly dominate.

Realistically forcing a team to take long shots is part of a winning tactic .

I think that the midfield must close down , defenders can mark zonal and play offside .

Exactly.

If your opponents are reduced to taking hopeful long shots it is normally a sign that you are doing something right.

As long as you close down quickly in the final third then they shouldn't have much time and space, so do that and watch them blast 20 shots over the bar. Sorted.

My stopper is set to close down area and same for the coverman. DMC is set at the first notch of own half. Team is set to default. They get so many shots it\'s a little of both. Not a big deal, we\'re still good, we just never truly dominate.

Ask your strikers to close down often to put pressure on the opp CB\'s and DMC.

Ensure the mentality gap between back line and midfield is not too large.

have a look at the whole match and see why they are creating chances? who is making the pass?

Keep on reading the game and watching the full match - you will identify the problem quick enough!

Archived