I'm sorry but this is just unreal

Playing as Tottenham, superb morale everyone is playing great. 2-0 up at halftime and again the AI stages a miraculous comeback. Take a look at this PKM. The defending is just atroucious for the goals and it just seemed the AI switched to "we're going to score no matter what you do".

Sorry SI but this just isn't acceptable. The last goal takes the cake because I have 4 players back when having an attacking corner and still they countered and scored due to my defence parting like a hooker on weekends.

PKM

First Wigan goal I can accept, mistake by Palacios in midfield but goal number 2 and 3 are just unacceptable ways of conceeding goals.

I'm not saying that teams can't come back but more how they do it. Have a look at the PKM and you'll see what I mean. If Wigan had scored goal two and three diffrently I wouldn't be complaining but it seems like the AI just decided to make my defenders into utter moron's at defending.

Playing as Tottenham, superb morale everyone is playing great. 2-0 up at halftime and again the AI stages a miraculous comeback. Take a look at this PKM. The defending is just atroucious for the goals and it just seemed the AI switched to "we're going to score no matter what you do".

Sorry SI but this just isn't acceptable. The last goal takes the cake because I have 4 players back when having an attacking corner and still they countered and scored due to my defence parting like a hooker on weekends.

PKM

First Wigan goal I can accept, mistake by Palacios in midfield but goal number 2 and 3 are just unacceptable ways of conceeding goals.

Funniest thing I have read in a long while!

The defence can be utter morons. I've had 3 red cards in my current season and they've all been the same player who just happens to be my best defender. Tackling is even set to default yet he keeps getting done for Violent Behaviour.

I had that problem with Mascherano at Liverpool for a while. 3 reds in about 5 games I believe. Normal tackling so that made no sense either but that's a diffrent discussion all together.

Can I ask what your players' motivation was like during the second half?

Majority were "playing with confidence" with a few "having a good game" and Keane was "fired up" since halftime. I never have much problems with player confidence as I keep a close eye on it during the match. I just found it really odd that the match before so no problems at the back and we thrashed Sunderland 5-1. There seems to be a massive problem with being 2-0 up because this is the third time at home we're drawn a match when we are 2-0 up at HT. It is really annoying and makes me question if the "disappointed" team talk is just a little too effective?

The game has weaknesses but in genral, they even themselves out over a season.

Ive had a few instances like this, unrealistic, but it has worked both ways for me.

Defending needs a few tweaks, strikers are a little bit overpowered and long shots are way too abundent/accurate.

However, SI have replied on a few posts about these issues and are looking into them, we just gotta be patient.

Untill it is resolved, console your self with this thought...... Do you think it's all joy and happiness in the real world of footie management? ;)

I watched the highlights:

You are right about first, second one as it looks to me is that your defenders got caught out of position by trying to close down passer. I can't say more then that without more details about your closing down, tempo , tackling instructions width, etc... It could be also due to late closing issue that is reported in game and hopefully will get fixed in next patch.But without more informations , it's very hard to say

Third goal was just lucky counter.I noticed tendency that AI executes those very well after corners, maybe little bit to well.

I think its definately to do with bad team talks, player mentalities and tactics.

Trust me, my brother raged for a whole day about his 4-4 draw (I think he was up 4-0 half time) and quit the game, giving it to me.

I am not having any problems with come backs. Then again I fully read the tactics guides and even have a pdf file that helps me choose team talks. I even have a pre-match routine that starts 3-4 days before every game, trying to make opposition goalies and defenders play poorly. (putting pressure on them or saying they are weak links.) :D

Can people please not post about tactics or team talks etc.? As the opening poster already said, he is not complaining about the comeback, he is complaining about the nature of the goals he conceeded. So look at the pkm before posting the standard responses.

There is no motivation/tactics/[insert variable here] that explains

Goal 2 Rowlands

TOT #4 is nearest the ball but seems to ignore it, almost as if the code decided TOT #39 should be the one to go after the ball. Rowlands runs onto it and slots home

Goal 3 Scotland

Stay back players part like the red sea before their centre backs have recovered, leaving 2 unmarked Wigan players centrally leading to a goal

Both of those are match engine issues, plain and simple. Even if they are caused by tactics etc., which I doubt, then they should not manifest in the way they do.

Can anyone who has looked at the above 2 goals honestly say they would not consider either of those incidents as issues? I am curious as to how Fmers view the match engine and what they deem as acceptable mistakes. With that in mind I see potential issues or 'bad defending' with these other incidents

38:26 Keane goal

59:21 Crouch chance

69:34 Crouch chance

73:32 Scotland chance

74:57 Scotland chance

I'm not posting what those issues might be as I am honestly curious to see how everybody else views the match engine. So if other people can be arsed to look at the pkm at those moments and offer some feedback, I'd be very interested to read it. Alternatively if you don't want to clog up the thread shoot me a PM.

Great writing, made me lough.

The second Wigan goal I cant figure out really. It happens all the time to everyone and who knows whats behind the 3d mach engine that insufficient graphics cant show. Your defender seemed like he was bribed and with a sufficient amount :)

The third goal is no mystery to me. Yes it is the faulty engine that doesn't have enough calculating power to know that full backs should cover first and only then, if safe, return to position when hanging back for attacking corners. I conceded many goals this way and the solution or maybe a workaround is to leave one CB behind. I see that you always use the far post corner setup so you don't need the second CB there because u always go for that one on the far post.

Thanks to those who actually looked at the PKM instead of just saying the very worn out cliche "it's your tactics". mlp071 the freekick does catch them out but that doesn't explain why Woodgate stood off the ball played into the box allowing Rowlands to score :confused:

No disrespect meant here..... but I bet you have done the same before...... ie you have made a miraculous comeback. Can I ask, did you post then that its unacceptable?

ps... I will watch the PKM a little later.

As I said, no offense, I am just find that so many people raise issues that when are reversed ie in their favour, means they are one of the best managers around.

LAM

No disrespect meant here..... but I bet you have done the same before...... ie you have made a miraculous comeback. Can I ask, did you post then that its unacceptable?

ps... I will watch the PKM a little later.

As I said, no offense, I am just find that so many people raise issues that when are reversed ie in their favour, means they are one of the best managers around.

LAM

Is anyone actually reading what I am writing? I'm NOT saying that teams shouldn't comeback!! I am disappointed in the glaring errors that the AI uses to complete these comebacks! If the AI had scored goal 2 and 3 in the same manner as goal one I wouldn't complain.

In my opinion this is realistic, and textbook Tottenham. 3-0 up at half time against Man Utd a few years ago and got beat 5-3, and last season 1-0 up against Man Utd and got beat 4-1 if I remember correctly?

I give up...

People aren't actually reading what I am saying so what's the point in coming to the community to post when people have "it's you tactics" and "teams do comeback IRL too" copied and pasted from probably a notepad document.

*sigh*

defenders do make mistakes. They sometimes back off a player instead of going to the ball (giggs v gabbidon at weekend), they do miss interceptions.

I'm just not sure the 3D represents the errors in the right way, so it does look like they suddenly turn into lower league players.

well just watch this guys match....No its not HIS tactics his players were fine he was still dominating the game. these comebacks by teams are just horrific. Playing with Newcastle happened so many times yet happened twice against me...can complain cos whenever the AI scores one you know what's next but dont get me wrong still love the game though...But tweaking low teams comeback is a must wouldnt mind Chelsea doing it but the worst team in the league doing it against me at home???no its not real!!

defenders do make mistakes. They sometimes back off a player instead of going to the ball (giggs v gabbidon at weekend), they do miss interceptions.

I'm just not sure the 3D represents the errors in the right way, so it does look like they suddenly turn into lower league players.

He doesn't back off the player, he moonwalks away from the ball rolling towards him inside the box.

Not watched it.

I was just generalising errors that defenders make and how the 3D might not do the best job of showing it.

Yes I do appreciate that and I know that already as sometimes you can read the text commentary at the bottom and you can see what happened but if this is the way SI want to represent goals in FM then I think I will discard this game as it feels the AI knows these little glitches in the match engine and can exploit them at will.

The second Wigan goal I cant figure out really. It happens all the time to everyone and who knows whats behind the 3d mach engine that insufficient graphics cant show.

This is half of the problem. We're not sure what is the ME failing to assign the right players to the right tasks and what is the graphics element struggling to display what is happening (ie in 'reality' the player that goes for the ball is better placed to do so, but the graphical representation doesn't show this). The issue here is that we rely on the graphical representation to tell us what we're doing wrong and if it isn't showing us an accurate portrayal or is showing goals the OP has described where players simply don't respond as any Sunday Leaguer would then we're all a bit stuffed when it comes to rectifying the problems.

What exactly would you like me to say? This is the 3rd time you've been pegged back when you were 2-0 up at half time, it's hardly cause to stop playing the game. In real life 2-0 at half time can be a tricky scoreline, if the opposition scores the next goal then it usually puts them on the front foot and puts your team under pressure, leading to mistakes from players on occasion. Also in real life - if you have a habit of doing something in the past then it would make you conscious of doing it again, once more leading to mistakes (not that I am suggesting the ME is intelligent enough to reflect this).

PKM

How often does this happen to you? If it is often, then there could be a bug in the game but if this infrequent, then this simulates real life! Just think about this!

Archived