Multi Option FM

First of all let me say that this is not a rage against FM2008.

I have played this game since Championship Manager 2 way back in 1997 and I have loved it until now.

My suggestion for the future (realise this is to late for FM 2009, but FM 2010 if possible?)

is to have option boxes at the start of the game that you can tick if you wish the option to be in your game.

For example, if you do not want media interaction then do not tick the box. Likewise if you do not want Chairman interference then do not tick the box and so on.

This is my opinion only, but I think there is to much detail and the game is becoming more of a chore than fun. At the end of the day a game is there to be fun.

I realise there are a lot of people out there who like the game the way it is, but after reading tons of posts on this forum there are also a lot of people who just want to come home from a hard days work and have a bit of fun, and not have micro manage their own universe (it is hard enough in real life with out having to do it in a game as well).

That is why I thought the option boxes might work, because it is then up to the individual how they want to play the game. You can have as much or as little detail as you want.

Now I don't know if this is even possible, but you get no where if you do not ask.

Maybe,if possible somebody from SI would be kind enough to comment.

I look forward to everybody's thoughts on this.

First of all let me say that this is not a rage against FM2008.

I have played this game since Championship Manager 2 way back in 1997 and I have loved it until now.

My suggestion for the future (realise this is to late for FM 2009, but FM 2010 if possible?)

is to have option boxes at the start of the game that you can tick if you wish the option to be in your game.

For example, if you do not want media interaction then do not tick the box. Likewise if you do not want Chairman interference then do not tick the box and so on.

This is my opinion only, but I think there is to much detail and the game is becoming more of a chore than fun. At the end of the day a game is there to be fun.

I realise there are a lot of people out there who like the game the way it is, but after reading tons of posts on this forum there are also a lot of people who just want to come home from a hard days work and have a bit of fun, and not have micro manage their own universe (it is hard enough in real life with out having to do it in a game as well).

That is why I thought the option boxes might work, because it is then up to the individual how they want to play the game. You can have as much or as little detail as you want.

Now I don't know if this is even possible, but you get no where if you do not ask.

Maybe,if possible somebody from SI would be kind enough to comment.

I look forward to everybody's thoughts on this.

It'd be a huge programming job and unless you have a huge PC (2GB Ram, 120GB harddrive), it would seriously hinder the performance of the game. Doubt it'll happen but your thinking is logical.

I'd rather they just sorted the issues raised with FM08 rather than putting in more and more complicated issues with the potential to go wrong.

Hit "post" too soon.

Meant to add, if everyone is playing a different game it makes it hard for SI and other forum members to help.

Re media interraction, I think there should be an option in "preferences" to allow the press to be handled by your Ass Man. It would probably mean a "press handling" stat on the ass men's profiles.

I understand where you're coming from but I imagine this would take quite alot of work. Its a nice idea but Im not sure how pratical it is. Most of the features such as Media Interaction can be effectively ignored anyway.

Neji

I have to agree that I am not sure how possible it is in the programming as my knowledge in that sphere is minimal at best.

That is why I hoped that somebody from SI would eventually be able to give us an idea.

Only mentioned media interaction as an example, as there are plenty of things that could use an option as to whether or not you want to use it.

backpackant

Also see where you are coming from with the idea of having everybody rowing in the same direction making it easier to iron out the kinks.

But I have to say that sometimes the kinks do not get ironed out even now, you only have to look at board expectations (which cpould also have an option to turn on or off).

Archived