I Am Chairman - The Challenge

Job Vacancy - please read

Evening all, this is Theo Bugel, the chairman of Crawley Town Football Club. Im writing to tell you all of a vacancy at my club - a club that i want to build a reputation, reach the league and maybe one day compete with our neighbours and rivals Brighton.

I bought the club from the creditors and because of CTFCs financial difficulties last season we will start the 07/08 season on -6 points. My current team is capable of securing a mid-table position and the 1st season is all about team building. Im not the Newcastle chairman, my man will be given all the support possible, as like Mr Ashley i am not expecting instant success. I have great knowledge of the game and if i can see floors and no potential in you, you will be sacked and your job re-advertised.

The right canditate must know how to receive and send saved data files via e-mail and be able to post all results/transfers on the thread. You must also have a passion for FMH,as this will drive you to achieve

Although i am fair, if you dont follow rule's you will be sacked. You will be sacked if..

1. You fail to acheive my pre-season expectation

2. Performances are not upto scratch and no sign of improvement

3. the club is at any point "bankrupt"

4. You go 7 days without logging any information

5. i am generaly unhappy with your performance

6. the fans are on my back

7. an unlockable is used

8. poor updates, giving me and the fans little infomation

How it works...

I will load up a new game and start with Crawley Town. I will then search the database and choose 20 players i would like to

see at the club one day (I will think more highly of you if you sign one of these players). I will then save the game and e-mail the file to the succesfull candidate.

The manager must send me the saved data twice a season, the first time on December 1st and the 2nd time on the 2nd of July. i will accept upto 5 days later but not before. The reason i want the file in december is so that if you are not upto the job i can bring someone in ready in time for the january transfer window.

You must not contiue the game until you have recieved the file back from me. Whilst i have the save file i will shortlist 1 player and he must be shortlisted the next time you send me the file (this is so i know you are not continuing the game whilst i have the save file).

The Manager will play the game as usual and post their results and league position after result (please include the month) e.g.

September

League (H) Rushden & Diamonds 3-0 11th

Setanta Trophy R1 (H) Lewes 0-1

League (A) York 0-1 13th

(please include the compition, i.e league/cup match as shown above)

Dont worry, if you are not succesful in getting the job you will be a fan. as a fan you have an opinion of the manager. if you are unhappy with his/her performances you can put presure on him/her.

When you post a message please include your happiness with the manager, i.e 70%. if there rating drops below 50% i will review their position and shortlist possible replacements. The save file will made for public download, this is so you can view the team and maybe give the manager some suggestions. This thread is designed to get everyone involved in a virtual football world.

If the manager is sacked the position will be made available and you will pick up where he left off.

So... lets get down to business then, if you are interested in managing my club please post and tell me why you should have the job and maybe list your acheivments.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Job Vacancy - please read

Evening all, this is Theo Bugel, the chairman of Crawley Town Football Club. Im writing to tell you all of a vacancy at my club - a club that i want to build a reputation, reach the league and maybe one day compete with our neighbours and rivals Brighton.

I bought the club from the creditors and because of CTFCs financial difficulties last season we will start the 07/08 season on -6 points. My current team is capable of securing a mid-table position and the 1st season is all about team building. Im not the Newcastle chairman, my man will be given all the support possible, as like Mr Ashley i am not expecting instant success. I have great knowledge of the game and if i can see floors and no potential in you, you will be sacked and your job re-advertised.

The right canditate must know how to receive and send saved data files via e-mail and be able to post all results/transfers on the thread. You must also have a passion for FMH,as this will drive you to achieve

Although i am fair, if you dont follow rule's you will be sacked. You will be sacked if..

1. You fail to acheive my pre-season expectation

2. Performances are not upto scratch and no sign of improvement

3. the club is at any point "bankrupt"

4. You go 7 days without logging any information

5. i am generaly unhappy with your performance

6. the fans are on my back

7. an unlockable is used

8. poor updates, giving me and the fans little infomation

How it works...

I will load up a new game and start with Crawley Town. I will then search the database and choose 20 players i would like to

see at the club one day (I will think more highly of you if you sign one of these players). I will then save the game and e-mail the file to the succesfull candidate.

The manager must send me the saved data twice a season, the first time on December 1st and the 2nd time on the 2nd of July. i will accept upto 5 days later but not before. The reason i want the file in december is so that if you are not upto the job i can bring someone in ready in time for the january transfer window.

You must not contiue the game until you have recieved the file back from me. Whilst i have the save file i will shortlist 1 player and he must be shortlisted the next time you send me the file (this is so i know you are not continuing the game whilst i have the save file).

The Manager will play the game as usual and post their results and league position after result (please include the month) e.g.

September

League (H) Rushden & Diamonds 3-0 11th

Setanta Trophy R1 (H) Lewes 0-1

League (A) York 0-1 13th

(please include the compition, i.e league/cup match as shown above)

Dont worry, if you are not succesful in getting the job you will be a fan. as a fan you have an opinion of the manager. if you are unhappy with his/her performances you can put presure on him/her.

When you post a message please include your happiness with the manager, i.e 70%. if there rating drops below 50% i will review their position and shortlist possible replacements. The save file will made for public download, this is so you can view the team and maybe give the manager some suggestions. This thread is designed to get everyone involved in a virtual football world.

If the manager is sacked the position will be made available and you will pick up where he left off.

So... lets get down to business then, if you are interested in managing my club please post and tell me why you should have the job and maybe list your acheivments.

brilliant challange!!!

I would be intrested in this job!

My previous acchievments:

Took York City up to league one and still going (won both leagues) but if i got the Crawley Town Football Club i would give up my York team to dedicate my time to crawley.

Won only the one cup with york, Setanta Shield that was in my first season although reached the final of the johnstone paint trophy in my second season and also reached the final of the FA trophy in my first!

Please consider me for the job!

I am dedicated and hard working! i will try my very best to bring Crawley Town Football Club success!

Excellent bid and exellent example by Kane_Westwood, this is the kind of experience i am after and your post was well presented.

nixon, your bid was basic, however you would "Love" the job so i wont rule you out.

Liviforlive, admire your honesty, the club may make the premiership one day and if the job came up, it would be a good chance for you.

I will make my decission sunday a.m and announce the new manager at a press conference on sunday afternoon, until then i want good shortlist of managers to choose from.

Hi. Im Mikel Albotross.

After glancing through the vacancy listings I found your club and with my list of experience, your wish culd very well come true.

My career started as manager of Manchester United. After our first season was a blank, and one I wish not to remember, second in the prem, I got down to business and condured up the follwing:

5x Premiership

4x Champions League

2x FA Cup

1x League Cup

3x European Super Cup

2x Community Shield

I then decided, after only 5 seasons to travel to Sheffield and grab the Wednesday job. They were 20th in the Championship, and in only the first season, with only a meer few games, I got us up to finish in 13th. Second season came and promotion through the play-offs was our fate. After being in the Premiership for 2 seasons, we finally won the league,. And so now onto an even more challenging club, and id love for it to be Crawley Town.

(The above is fictional, all game stats are true, and all were from one save.)

Sincerly,

Mikel Albotross MiKeLA

Name: Robert Wildash

I am interested in your vacancy at Crawly Town Football Club. My past experience would make me the perfect appointment. I have plenty of experience down in the lower league/ conference. For example I began my career wth Peterborough United, and took them to the dreamland of the Premiership in just five seasons. We won the FA cup whilst we were in the Championship, beating the likes of West Ham and Arsenal. I have managed Oxford United also, who are located in the Conference (Blue Square Premier), I had alot of pressure on my shoudlers, as the fans demaded instant success, I delivered duely. After my hard work had been recognised I was handed the West Ham United job and shortly after that, the England job. With West Ham I won the Premier League in my first season and also took them to the Semi Finals of the Champions League semi final. With England I began my reign by getting the squad to the Quater Finals of the European Championships, and in the following World Cup, we won it! After all this success, I really feel like a challenge, and I believe that your historic club suits the bill prefectly! I would love the chance to take Crawley to the dizzy heights of the Premier League!

Please note all of the above did occur in my FMH2007 save game icon_smile.gif

Fudger/westhamrob, two more excellent applications and fantastic records, i can see my decision being a tough one. The shortlist so far is as follows:

Kane_Westwood

nixon

Fudger

westhamrob

Me and the board have been going through various finances today. We have come to the decision that 3k will be made available for transfers, however we are £750 over our wage budget. We will allow upto £5,000 over budget, over this budget will put pressure on your position.

We have also negotiated 3 friendlies, playing Boston, Stockport and Port Vale all away. The league season starts on the 11th August, the 1st three games are:

(A) York

(H) Kidderminster

(H) Histon

I welcome more applications and i will look forward to naming the new manager on sunday.

I am currently looking for club sponsors so if anyone has a FMH related website i will include links at the bottom of all my messages.

sponsorship is just a chance to provide a direct link to your site and is only there to add realism to the game

Regards

The Chairman

Name: Ciaran Rogers

I Would like to be manager at Crawley Town Football Club. i have managed in the blue square premier plenty of times and succeeded in every attempt and got my team to the premier league, i have good transfer knowledge and use the scouts to the best of there ability. i use the tactic thats fits around the team best. i give all the players a chance to show what they have got. i know when to buy and sell players at the right time. i dont use unlockables in any of my games as i find it makes the game a bit boring.

thanks

i would be very interested in the job well because i have a lot of experience, my cv is very good and im have managed clubs like qpr, derby, scunthorpe, arsenal and have won the premiership with all these clubs and the league cup and european cup with arsenal and qpr i am also good at bringing in good young players and then turn them into 40 million players so i would be very interested and i am confident that you will chooose me to be crawley town manager icon_wink.gif

Thank you everybody for your applications. Its been a very tough decision and i had to consider who was the best person to take CTFC to the football league the quickest.

I and the board have looked at all applicants post history and learnt more about each of you and discovered more about your acheivements, strenghths and weaknesses.

After a heatful meeting with the board this morning we came to the decision to offer the job to Kane_Westwood. The reason we appointed kane is that we feel he is the most suited in the BSP and im sure he'l have the best knowledge of players and tactics to use in this division. He as won both the league and cup at this level and this was one of the most decisive factors.

We are offering you a contract until 2/7/08, Would you like to accept the job? please reply to this post and also send me an e-mail at iamthechairman@fsmail.net (this is a real e-mail address and its essential you e-mail me). Anyone else who wish's to contact me privatly, use this e-mail address too.

Once you have accepted and e-mailed me i will send you the file. From then on post your results and keep me and the fans updated. you must e-mail me the save game file between December 1st-5th game time. this will be your 1st review.

Congratulations Kane, now lets bring league football to Crawley Town Football Club

Regards

The Chairman

Sponsors

FM Essentials

fmhinfo

August

Friendly (A) Port Vale 2 - 0 Crawley

Blue Sq. Premier (A) York 0 - 4 Crawley - 24th

Blue Sq. Premier (H) Crawley 2 - 0 Kidderminster - 23th

Blue Sq. Premier (H) Crawley 3 - 1 Histon - 15th

Blue Sq. Premier (A) Torquay 0 - 4 Crawley - 7th

Struggled to tempt any players to sunny Crawley