Payroll Budget

fm 09 sorry... new to fm...

I came into my new game as Braintree a few hundred dollars short of my payroll exceeding amount. I bought a few players, but barely aren't any money. Now 40$ under budget.

Will my payroll continue to go up because of clauses or basic salary? Or does it stay as is? (I think it stays as is)

I need to extend a few people contract. If they would accept, and I was over my budget, would the board get mad? What would happen? Or is it no big deal to get over? As I see it, resigning everybody needed...it's inevitable.

Also, if a sell a guy with high salary, and get a transfer fee, could I reallocate it to salary with a BSS team?

thanks for any help:D

fm 09 sorry... new to fm...

I came into my new game as Braintree a few hundred dollars short of my payroll exceeding amount. I bought a few players, but barely aren't any money. Now 40$ under budget.

Will my payroll continue to go up because of clauses or basic salary? Or does it stay as is? (I think it stays as is)

I need to extend a few people contract. If they would accept, and I was over my budget, would the board get mad? What would happen? Or is it no big deal to get over? As I see it, resigning everybody needed...it's inevitable.

Also, if a sell a guy with high salary, and get a transfer fee, could I reallocate it to salary with a BSS team?

thanks for any help:D

If your are near your wage budget and you make a few contract extentions for more money than they were on then you will go over your budget but if its only a bit then the board wont go mad!

And yes if you have some money to play with then you can increase your wage budget at the expense of the transfer budget- but I think you will need a bit too play with to give you an option.

Your payroll will increase as basic wage increases as they are the same thing or correctly a basic wage is part of the pay roll- but I think I have misunderstood what you mean. :)

Your payroll will increase as basic wage increases as they are the same thing or correctly a basic wage is part of the pay roll- but I think I have misunderstood what you mean. :)

What I meant was, for paying basic salary every week, will the overall payroll for the team go up which means needing a huge budget? It's gotta be no, right:)

thanks for help!

sorry I know i'm doing a cruddy job explaing:(

You know on your salary page under finances where it says total payroll budget and current payroll? And you know how every week you pay you players? Well, would that salary you pay your players go into current payroll every week? It can't be right?

sorry I know i'm doing a cruddy job explaing:(

You know on your salary page under finances where it says total payroll budget and current payroll? And you know how every week you pay you players? Well, would that salary you pay your players go into current payroll every week? It can't be right?

If I understand you correctly - then no it doesn't. I have my wages shown as weekly (I think you can also have monthly and yearly).

So with Burnley in my second season I have:

Total Wage Budget: £350,060 per week

Current Wage Total: £248,622 per week

This does not mean that after a week I will only have just over £100k left for my wage budget, I will still have a possible total of £350,060.

All it means is, I can sign a player/players with wages totalling just over £100k (on top of the players I already have, earning £248,622 currently).

The board have worked this out as what my club can afford to pay out in wages each week, without losing money (though generally you lose money every month anyway except the months you get sponsorship, TV money and season tickets sales).

Hope this helps!

Archived