How good are scouts?

I remember a previous version scouts were shocking and you ignored everything they said. I've found players that look really good, but scouts say they'll only be fairly good signings. What do you lot make of the scouts? (btw my scouts have 18 or 19 for spotting players ability and potential)

I remember a previous version scouts were shocking and you ignored everything they said. I've found players that look really good, but scouts say they'll only be fairly good signings. What do you lot make of the scouts? (btw my scouts have 18 or 19 for spotting players ability and potential)

They are okay on mine but ability and potential are not the only stats scouts should have they should also have tactical knowledge, discipline, determination etc. If they have high tac knowledge then they are better at knowing what players are best for you etc

People need to understand that the scouts only tell you the CA/PA of players.Therefore a scouted regen with rubish stats and and 5 stars PA reported by the scout will never be a good but a regen with 3 stars and good stats will be a good player.Thats how scouts work you have to make some judgment on you own.

So far on fm 10 my scouts have helped me find some excellent youth prospects, if they say a players PA is only decent but i think their stats are excellent for their age i'll sign them if their not too expensive and see how well they develop, worst case scenario i can try and sell them on for a bit more later on if they aren't good enough.

So far they helped me grab a french wonderkid striker for free, an english ST/AMR with very good PA, as well as a few other excellent prospects.

Archived