Rest 1 day

Does anyone else do this as often as I do? For some reason....I have convined myself that I need to go directly tell all training schedules to rest for 1 day if I have more than 1 game per week.

Does this really matter? Does it help players recover quicker in between games? Does anyone rest or do you simply just click continue until the next game and not worry about fitness?

if you have more then 1 game a week just dont sub players or they will end up less fit then the player who played the whole game

Huh? How does that work? I always use 3 subs so players get their fitness back up - are you saying in FM this does not work?

If not, that is clearly an error by SI.

Back on topic of resting - a study of FM09 showed that the AI calculates training one day per week and that day differs from nation to nation. If you rest players on that day it will be read as rested all week. If they are not rested on that day it will not pick up that they've rested. So it's a waste of time. Certainly I've had players pick up training injuries when they were supposed to be resting.

I never realised this happened if you make subs. That has peed me off tbh. It is a major bug imo.

phnompenhandy - Are you sure about that? I have used 'rest player' many a time, sometimes for 1 day, sometimes as many as 3. I have always noticed the players get fitter quicker, surely I can't be that lucky that it always falls on that one day?!

Archived