Finances somethings not right

Hi all im playing as Chelsea im in the 2011/2012 season ive won the EPL, FA Cup and Champions League 2 times in a row. Its currently March in my game and im still in all comps yet i have a massive black hole of over £60M i brought 2 players in this year with payments spread out over 30 months total spending was £45M has the game already included what i have yet to pay on my current debt cuz £60M seems rather high knowing i have anouther 3 months of the season left. Im losing around £8M a month so im probably looking on nearly a £100M black hole come the end of the season

I think we need more info Jamie! What have your net transfer spends been in years one and two? What is your weekly wage expenditure? And it seems that you are yet to see even more money go out in the two players you bought so that is yet to go out or the majority anyway. And like you said you will be in even more trouble than the £6om come the end of the season.

Screeshots would be very handy cheers. Income/expenditure/wages/loans etc. :)

Wages are high, ground is small, debts when in profit are pretty high, to top it off you are signing 40m worth of players a season and not selling anyone whatsoever

Ive seen the AI spend a lot more then what i have and Chelsea always got money and staduim upgrades. ive sold around £10M worth of players the rest are either to old to sell or are needed for the new EPL rules. Should free up around £170K p/w from the end of next season

You are in March some money from your league position, TV revenue(£30m if you do aswell as last season), and competition winnings(£36m)- CL is still to come in may/june.

So you may get around £66m from TV rev and competition winnings in may/june.

Yeah regarding your last post I was going to say how did you get a transfer budget of £50m but that would explain it.

More than £36m per season is going on monthly installments from players bought and from what you have said this seems unlikely to stop any time soon.

If the year end is june then you wages for players will be £5m more than last year- not too much difference.

Players sold this season £4m and bought £40m and still rising- tells its own story.

As monkeywool said the investment of £40m- you may get that again- or cross your fingers. :D

And to add insult to injury if you get out of the red you have a loan to repay!!!

But by comparing the two seasons there does not seem to be much difference to be honest and when you receive your tv rev and competition winnings then you may break even and you may get a present from Roman.

Just be more efficient- sell a few players and try and cut down on the wages.

But FM reflects real life as much as possible - and IRL Chelsea do not make money they make a loss and Roman as the billionaire owner he is, he bails them out each year. :)

You are almost spending 2m a week on wages just for players bud, with Stamford bridge as your ground that is unsustainable.

When I have a long term Liverpool game I win everything and my wage budget still isn't over 1.2m until I get a new ground.

That being said non-footballing costs are also screwing you over.

In short what you have do is treat Chelsea like you would Liverpool, if you don't want to be in the red anyway as they are in a similar situation in game but with one huge difference which I will get to in a minute.

You know you have a tiny stadium, so you have to be frugal. Wage budgets are by far the biggest crippler in the game short of high payment long term debt. Limit the amount you spend on wages, your wage cap might be high but that doesn't mean you have to spend it all. In fact, I always use the edit budget tool to ensure that my wage cap is as small as can be just to make sure I keep myself in check.

Sell players if you don't need them for high value, don't let their contracts dwindle and let them go on a free, sell them.

You have 70 players on your books. 29 of them senior.

That's too many. Let your kids be your backup, you can get rid of at least 10 players from your first team squad I reckon and probably for good money if you are Chelsea. 17 people are on first team or key player contracts. Way too many. I don't know how you are keeping them happy but your bank balance is suffering because of it.

This is how I do Liverpool, the only difference is I don't have a chairman who would bail me out if I did mess up financially

In short what you have do is treat Chelsea like you would Liverpool, if you don't want to be in the red anyway as they are in a similar situation in game but with one huge difference which I will get to in a minute.

You know you have a tiny stadium, so you have to be frugal. Wage budgets are by far the biggest crippler in the game short of high payment long term debt. Limit the amount you spend on wages, your wage cap might be high but that doesn't mean you have to spend it all. In fact, I always use the edit budget tool to ensure that my wage cap is as small as can be just to make sure I keep myself in check.

Sell players if you don't need them for high value, don't let their contracts dwindle and let them go on a free, sell them.

You have 70 players on your books. 29 of them senior.

That's too many. Let your kids be your backup, you can get rid of at least 10 players from your first team squad I reckon and probably for good money if you are Chelsea. 17 people are on first team or key player contracts. Way too many. I don't know how you are keeping them happy but your bank balance is suffering because of it.

Wise words! :)

This is part of the game I find frustrating.

I spent three seasons managing Ajax where I was very frugal & managed to save 50 million for transfers before I left for Liverpool. Liverpool game me a wage budget of 1.2 million. I'm currently at 1 million, but bleeding money every week, which means I won't have any money to spend on transfers at season's end.

The game could do a better job of helping manage finances. It's quite easy to get in the red while staying well under the wage budget due to hidden costs like bonuses & 'non-footballing costs'.

Ok heres the thing do you really think i have a chance in selling a 34 or even a 35 year old player? i kept them on last season cuz they had a good season and came in handy for when the fixtures got tight.

I will try and termiate the contract of around 3 players at the end of this season i will also look into selling Sturridge who i never play and Anelka who hasnt performed and is 32 years old on 90k p/w might also try selling Carvalho who is 33 years old and is on 51k p/w

Ok heres the thing do you really think i have a chance in selling a 34 or even a 35 year old player? i kept them on last season cuz they had a good season and came in handy for when the fixtures got tight.

I will try and termiate the contract of around 3 players at the end of this season i will also look into selling Sturridge who i never play and Anelka who hasnt performed and is 32 years old on 90k p/w might also try selling Carvalho who is 33 years old and is on 51k p/w

Yep that seems a good first step and you may be able to sell the keeper if you transfer list him for a small price tag and offer him a very poor contract so he rejects your offer and hopefully he accepts the other teams contract. :)

Ballack is/was an icon he scored me around 15 goals just in the CL last season nearly won it all by himself his contact runs out end of next season along with Decos and Malouda's

Try and get rid of them this season and make some money rather than let their contract run out. Sentiment is a lovely thing but this is FM- its a dog eat dog world! :D

Archived