Using Genie Scout

Evening all!

Just started using Genie Scout, which is great, however, I'm playing as Argyle, so not too many players are interested, well, not good ones!

Is there any way on Genie Scout where I can filter out players so I can only see those who would be interested in joining me?

Edited to add: Mod's, please move as you see appropriate. I posted here for maximum exposure and hope for a quick response :)

Evening all!

Just started using Genie Scout, which is great, however, I'm playing as Argyle, so not too many players are interested, well, not good ones!

Is there any way on Genie Scout where I can filter out players so I can only see those who would be interested in joining me?

Edited to add: Mod's, please move as you see appropriate. I posted here for maximum exposure and hope for a quick response :)

I haved found in FM10 that my scout and staff will find the players I need. Its also more realistic. Give them a shot!!

I've always let them do it, but I have rarely ever found good re-gens and would like to do so - genie scout is epic for this. However, whilst it brings up all the players that reach the criteria you want, I don't think you can filter 'interested only', for example, in genie scout.

Here's what you do: Find a player that will accept joining you, then look up what his reputation is (Global/National, etc).

Then in your player search, use that as part of your search to narrow down the players to those of similar reputation.

I mean saving a file in genie scout and then transferiring it to the world of FM

To save a shortlist, simply make your search in genie scout for players of a range you want to sign, so something like minimum 150pa to 200pa. Then when you have that list, click the save shortlist file icon, should be a green floppy disk thing in the main file menu when you click the golden ball. Save that shortlist in your Documents\sports interactive\fm 2010\shortlists\ directory, it doesn't really matter which directory really as you can search for it in fm. Then go to the shortlist screen in fm, click the shortlist dropdown box, import shortlist and import the shortlist you saved. Then use the filter, ask assistant to filter out unrealistic results check to get the ones who are willing to sign. Also make sure once you import your shortlist, it will contain a lot of players and it will automatically subscribe you to them so your inbox will get flooded with their news. To fix that go to to shortlist dropdown again, set active shortlists... then uncheck the one you imported.

Its not as complicated as it seems really once you find the right buttons.

Personally I haven't used genie scout in this version as it is more fun to use attribute masking and build up a scouting base yourself, the scouts return pretty good results, as well as the players that get recommended to you in backroom advice are usually pretty good recommendations.

In my Southampton save I found a regen with 199 pa and I made an offer and he said he wasn't interested but I gave as much to him as I could and he came.

He is a striker and his main potential attributes are :

20 - Finishing

20 - Composure

20 - Heading

19 - Jumping

19 - Pace

18 - Acceleration

18 - Agility

18 - Flair

17 - Off The Ball

17 - Strength

In my Southampton save I found a regen with 199 pa and I made an offer and he said he wasn't interested but I gave as much to him as I could and he came.

He is a striker and his main potential attributes are :

20 - Finishing

20 - Composure

20 - Heading

19 - Jumping

19 - Pace

18 - Acceleration

18 - Agility

18 - Flair

17 - Off The Ball

17 - Strength

do u have a screenshot of his potential stats and what he looks like now because it would great to see what they can turn into

what you can do is save the search results from genie as a shortlist file, and then import that shortlist into the game and ask your assistant to filter out the unrealistic targets.

Be careful doing this before the next patch tho as when you ad them to a shortlist you will be subscibed to ALL of their news stories. So if you import say 600 players, you will then either have to \'untick\' each person from the news screen...............or, go back into your shortlist - highlight all players - right click - unsubscribe . Sounds easy enough but I have heard of people waiting well over an hour for this co be completed!

Archived