American Football?

My game simply won't accept draws are part of football! Every singe time I'm 1-0 to the good, in the last 5 mins- equaliser! At first I obviously assumed it was my tactics, but my attempts to rectify the problem made no difference, until I decided to load another game, and guess what... it's the same! I'm starting to think the AI believes it's playing some sort of "Soccer Ball" from the US of A, where draws aren't allowed. Please don't tell me this is another bug:mad:

A few times in my current season I've had my team switch off and throw away leads, while at other times we've come back from behind to win in the dying minutes. I've had a disappointing number of home draws this season - but almost none last season. It happens.

Of course it does, it's the frequency(100%) that bothers me, it must be a balance issue at the very least?

Can't say I've noticed this so I thought I'd look up some stats and see if there really is an issue here.

La Liga season 2008/09 (real life):

Total games: 380

Games drawn: 83 (22%)

La Liga season 2009/10 (FM10): (I am managing a team in this league)

Games drawn: 90 (24%)

English Premier League season 2008/09 (real life):

Games drawn: 97 (25%)

La Liga season 2009/10 (FM10): (I am not managing a team in this league)

Games drawn: 90 (24%)

I know it's only one season but doesn't look like an issue to me, in fact it looks pretty spot-on.

I know it's only one season but doesn't look like an issue to me, in fact it looks pretty spot-on.

Good research but unfortunately I think you missed my point. The problem is every single time I'm 1-0 up in the 85th(roughly) min (and I mean every time) the opposition scores to equalise. This has happened in several saves, with several tactical set-up's and sticks out like a sore thumb in the ME.

Good research but unfortunately I think you missed my point. The problem is every single time I'm 1-0 up in the 85th(roughly) min (and I mean every time) the opposition scores to equalise. This has happened in several saves, with several tactical set-up's and sticks out like a sore thumb in the ME.

You may think it sticks out like a sore thumb but if what you are saying is really true, then your league will have an above average number of draws, surely? I mean if you are drawing all these games then the stats will reflect that.

Perhaps you could show us all the games from the last season you have completed where you were 1-0 up at 85 mins and the opposition scored an equaliser. There must be loads because it happens every single time.

I've not noticed a pattern in my save. I've thrown away some leads I should have held, and I've seen my team not close out a 1-0 win several times, but I've scraped plenty of 1-0's and sent in a few last minute winners.

You may think it sticks out like a sore thumb but if what you are saying is really true, then your league will have an above average number of draws, surely? I mean if you are drawing all these games then the stats will reflect that.

Perhaps you could show us all the games from the last season you have completed where you were 1-0 up at 85 mins and the opposition scored an equaliser. There must be loads because it happens every single time.

I've only got 15 games into the second season(long story) and it's happened 9 times out of 9 so far. I'm working away this week and I haven't got FM on this laptop so can't confirm. I'm assuming then that you don't believe this to be a bug?

So you think your problem is you're getting too many draws, but that's not what you said in your original post. You said 'the game won't accept that draws are part of football', make your mind up, which one is it? :confused:

So you think your problem is you're getting too many draws, but that's not what you said in your original post. You said 'the game won't accept that draws are part of football', make your mind up, which one is it? :confused:

Hence my confusion which he skilfully avoided answering by focusing on my irrelevant comment.

Listen folks my OP was meant to be seen as quite jokey. If you don't believe this is happening or you have some issues with my post then I apologise. I'm simply trying to get an idea as to if this is happening to others, if it's known by SI and/or if it's seen by the community as a bug? Implications of lying are unnecessary.

Listen folks my OP was meant to be seen as quite jokey. If you don't believe this is happening or you have some issues with my post then I apologise. I'm simply trying to get an idea as to if this is happening to others, if it's known by SI and/or if it's seen by the community as a bug? Implications of lying are unnecessary.

It happens sometimes, against me and sometimes for me. I've not noticed it being a major problem tbh. Are you adjusting your tactics accordingly? Try to play on the counter when defending. Quite often when i'm 1-0 up late in the game, i sit back and try to sneak another one. It works aswell.

The only issue I had with your original post was that it was unclear what you were complaining about.

As for the subject itself, I have not come across this problem in the way you seem to have. Have I conceded late equalizer's? Yes, on occasion but certainly not every time my team is leading 1-0. I have also scored last minute equalizers as well. Overall, the number of draws in the game seems about right (though I haven't done any serious checking).

i think the standard response is : it's your tactics :)

when getting in a new system and trying to get my players to gel, I conceded a lot of late equalizers, these days, not so many, if I'm up by 2 goals, I switch to counter at the 60 minute mark, defensive at the 80.

If I'm up by one, I play defensive for the last 20 minutes, and often take out a striker and replace him with an anchor man to play in front of my defence.

Late equalisers are going to come, but if you leave your squad attacking for the full game, the computer is going to overload you that last 10 minutes, and you'll be pinned in your own box with 4 defenders and everyone else pushed forward waiting for the ball.

i think the standard response is : it's your tactics :)

when getting in a new system and trying to get my players to gel, I conceded a lot of late equalizers, these days, not so many, if I'm up by 2 goals, I switch to counter at the 60 minute mark, defensive at the 80.

If I'm up by one, I play defensive for the last 20 minutes, and often take out a striker and replace him with an anchor man to play in front of my defence.

Late equalisers are going to come, but if you leave your squad attacking for the full game, the computer is going to overload you that last 10 minutes, and you'll be pinned in your own box with 4 defenders and everyone else pushed forward waiting for the ball.

See, people moan like hell when people say "it's your tactics" but this guy has hit the nail squarely on the head. Everybody should take note of this.

See, people moan like hell when people say "it's your tactics" but this guy has hit the nail squarely on the head. Everybody should take note of this.

Absolutely correct. I change my tactics towards the end of a tight game. If I'm 3 or 4-0 up. I don't bother. But for e.g, in my second season with Burnley we went to Chelsea and were 2-1 up with ten minutes to go. I change my style of play from counter to defensive. Then in the 89th I changed my style to contain. I then got a third to win 3-1, presumably as they were pushing for the equaliser.

I concede a few late goals but not many as I change tactics accordingly; I score more late goals than I concede.

I am afraid, in this instance, it really is your tactics!

Archived