Editor Working????

If you created players using the editor that comes with the game, they wont appear until you start a new game....

If thats not the case, be a little clearer about what you did, it may help :thup:

All i did was create the players and add them to the team as i did in fm 09, but when i load up the game it doesnt show them at all, and doesn't give me the option of choosing my edited data either

It's God's way of showing you that Man U are evil and must be stopped, at any cost.

Why would you want to hang around with meffs like Ferguson and Neville anyway?

That could only come from a Scouser! :thup::D

You definitely saved the edited data, and renamed it?

When you start a new game, set the database to "custom" and see if you can load it up from there?

(running out of ideas, not used editor on fm10 as yet)

You definitely saved the edited data, and renamed it?

When you start a new game, set the database to "custom" and see if you can load it up from there?

(running out of ideas, not used editor on fm10 as yet)

i just deleted my editor save and started again and just changed the name of a club to see if that would work but it dont even ask to pick my custom database :thdn:

Where is the exact location of the file when you are saving it?

Depending on this, and what your UDF folder is depends on if the game can find it.

If you haven't messed with your UDF folder then you should be saving the edited DB to C:\\<user>\documents\sports interactive\editor data

(assuming you are vista/windows 7)

Then, when you start a new game you should get the option to load the new database.

Where is the exact location of the file when you are saving it?

Depending on this, and what your UDF folder is depends on if the game can find it.

If you haven't messed with your UDF folder then you should be saving the edited DB to C:\\<user>\documents\sports interactive\editor data

(assuming you are vista/windows 7)

Then, when you start a new game you should get the option to load the new database.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\editor data, that is where it goes to

And your UDF file in FM I presume is C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010?

(To check this go in preferences and look at user data folder)

C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010, should the use user data temporary be ticked?

Nah

When you try to create a new game do you get a screen saying which database to use, or does it go straight to select league?

Edit:

You already said straight to select league.

First, check to see if there is an xml file in the path with the name of the database you saved.

If so, try moving the xml file to C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/Sports Interactive/editor data

See if that works.

Nah

When you try to create a new game do you get a screen saying which database to use, or does it go straight to select league?

straight to the leagues, but the thing is it used to work fine when i first got the game but the game kept getting a crash dump so i deleted it and now it dont say crash dump so i thought i would start again

Nah

Edit:

You already said straight to select league.

First, check to see if there is an xml file in the path with the name of the database you saved.

If so, try moving the xml file to C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/Sports Interactive/editor data

See if that works.

thanks it works now cheers:D:D

Archived