Re-applying for work permits

I signed a player from mexico when he was 16 (I'm managing United) and the deal finally went through now that he's 18, but I never saw a work permit application. Now that he's here it says that he needs a work permit. Is it possible to re-apply for one either now or down the line if he gets called up for international duty, or is sending him to my belgian feeder club (antwerp) for three years until he gets EU citizienship the only way have him play for me.

Is it possible to re-apply for one either now or down the line if he gets called up for international duty, or is sending him to my belgian feeder club (antwerp) for three years until he gets EU citizienship the only way have him play for me.

Try and get a feeder club in Spain. Teams in Spain have special rules for players from non-eu countries where Spanish is the main language. If you send a player to a Spanish feeder club then the are eligible for dual nationality after just 2 years. Remeber though that they may decide not to take Spanish nationality and there is nothing (as yet) that you can do to persuade them that its in their best interests to do so.

I signed a Brazilian on a 'condtional' WP and so he wasn't allowed to play for me. I loaned him out to my Belgian feeder club and when he returned at the end of 1 season there i just offered him a new contract. He accepted and it went through like a normal one so was thus eligable to play for me.

Bit strange as i thought he'd have to be loaned out to my Beligian feeder club for 3 years to gain EU citizenship..

I reckon that if i had offered him a new contract straight after his condtional WP was granted he'd have been able to play for me straight way. Bug?

Archived