How do you deal with the nerve?

So I'm managing Spurs and noticed that Palacios shoots from impossible positions. At a staff meeting, my advisor also pointed this out and my assistant agreed.

So I tell Palacios to look to pass and he replies that he disagrees.

What would you do? Forget it? Ask him again? Leave him out of the squad? Give him a warning?

Is FM programmed that Palacios would understand why he's being left out or gets a warning?

I hate when that happens. I also don't know what to do in those situations, although if the option to give him a warning or fine is up then obviously something happened (FM changed it so you couldn't randomly fine people -- one of my favorite options actually). Generally for me if the guy won't adjust his game and is hurting the team, I transfer him. In the case of a guy taking stupid shots I'd say measure whether Palacios is worth it to you, ie, does his overall game overcome his propensity for stupid shots?

Is FM programmed that Palacios would understand why he's being left out or gets a warning?

No, I very much doubt it is.

Either put up with it, adjust his tactical settings (if you haven't already) or transfer him out are the only options I think. Unless you download FMRTE and change his stats, but I would advise against that as it has been known to cause problems with some saves.

You can keep trying. I've had a few occasions where I ask the player to learn / unlearn something and eventually they agree to it. But there is no guarantee they will complete the process successfully.

Ha. My favorite was when I asked a defender to stop dribbling down the left side. He agreed and months later came back and said he was unable to do so. I had the funniest mental image of this buffoon dribbling down the middle and tripping or getting the sweats as he dribbled and kept looking at the left side until he just gave in and hugged the line. Seriously it's that hard to not dribble on the left? I was tempted to transfer him, but he was a good player and at least tried. I nicknamed him Short Bus in the game after that.

Archived