International Management Bug???

Can someone please help me. I managed to get offered the Ivory Coast job at the end of the first season whilst managing Luton on FM10. Despite accepting the job offer I do not get installed as the manager. I have since been offered it 3 more time, excepting each time but again have not been made manager. Finally I rejected the job and applied for the South Africa job with the same outcome each time.

If someone has any idea why this is happening please let me know.

Yup, its a bug, and they know about it, should be sorted in the next patch! (hopefully) Seems to be hit and miss though, as I got accepted for two international jobs whilst manageing liverpool...

So...stupid question. If it was fixed why are some international jobs being e-mailed to me as available yet not showing up in the job center as available? I click on that country and it says no head coach, yet no apply for job button is available...

Seriously...a little help please...

There aren't enough players for you to take over the team. You can only manage a nation with "real players". So if you look through the squad there are probably a number of players greyed out. The larger the database you have the more nations you can manage.

This is not therefore a bug and is different to the problem fixed in the patch.

There aren't enough players for you to take over the team. You can only manage a nation with "real players". So if you look through the squad there are probably a number of players greyed out. The larger the database you have the more nations you can manage.

This is not therefore a bug and is different to the problem fixed in the patch.

I didn't figure it was a bug; I just didn't understand the logic behind it. You have given me a great explanation! I thank you sir. BTW, I have a database of over 80,000. I realize this doesn't ensure all national teams being available. What has your experience told you when playing with roughly this many players in the database? Thanks again.

I didn't figure it was a bug; I just didn't understand the logic behind it. You have given me a great explanation! I thank you sir. BTW, I have a database of over 80,000. I realize this doesn't ensure all national teams being available. What has your experience told you when playing with roughly this many players in the database? Thanks again.

It depends on what leagues you have running. Even if you included all the international players from a national team at the start if these are not replaced by regens because their league is not being played then over time the number of ntional teams you can manage will naturally decline. There is very little you can do about this and will just have to keep your eyes open for job opportunities.

A note of caution is that I was able to take over as Nigeria manager and they only had 3 real goalkeepers which proved to be a bit of a problem as a nation must select 3 keepers in their squad. So even if the game says you can apply for a job I would recommend checking the number of players available via the player search (setting the filter to the nations players only) to make sure it is worth taking them over.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your reply Nick. Can you please let me know if this patch will work on a previously saved game. I am already a season in to my game and want to start taking international jobs

There's no need to wait for our second patch (10.2), this issue was fixed in the patch that came out on the day of release.

Info / how to get it here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=158962

Archived