Annoying Cup Exits

I am playing as Hibs and have just finished my second season. In the season just past, I went out of the two domestic cup competitions in bizarre fashion.

In the league cup semi final, I was playing Celtic. The game was 1-1 after 90 minutes. Celtic went 3-1 up in the first half of extra time but I pulled the game back to 3-3 in the 119th minute to put the game to penalties. I selected my five penalty takers and pressed continue/confirm and the game just skipped to the results screen and Celtic were awarded a 3-2 win.

In the Scottish cup, I played a weakened team against a club in the league below and got a 1-1 draw so the game went to a reply due to be played mid week. When I went to select my team to play the reply, I had 23 players away on international duty and was forced to use my under 19 team that wasnt good enough to win a Division 3 match. Shouldnt this game have been postponed due to international call ups?

im surprised that it was placed on a day that has got international games as well, i think that is some kind of bug that it done that, it hasnt happened to me, but alot of people have been placing it on this board, all i can say is, try not to have a replay the next season, i always try to avoid them

I am playing as Hibs and have just finished my second season. In the season just past, I went out of the two domestic cup competitions in bizarre fashion.

In the league cup semi final, I was playing Celtic. The game was 1-1 after 90 minutes. Celtic went 3-1 up in the first half of extra time but I pulled the game back to 3-3 in the 119th minute to put the game to penalties. I selected my five penalty takers and pressed continue/confirm and the game just skipped to the results screen and Celtic were awarded a 3-2 win.

In the Scottish cup, I played a weakened team against a club in the league below and got a 1-1 draw so the game went to a reply due to be played mid week. When I went to select my team to play the reply, I had 23 players away on international duty and was forced to use my under 19 team that wasnt good enough to win a Division 3 match. Shouldnt this game have been postponed due to international call ups?

That's weird. I decided to watch the Champions League final (FM 2009) in my first season and I was able to see all the penalties.

The cup game should also have been postponed. I've had two games against Motherwell postponed because I've had three U21s and three U19s called up both times.

im surprised that it was placed on a day that has got international games as well, i think that is some kind of bug that it done that, it hasnt happened to me, but alot of people have been placing it on this board, all i can say is, try not to have a replay the next season, i always try to avoid them

Haha, I didnt intend on having the replay. I thought my reserve side would be good enough to beat them but obviously not :-( Hopefully one of the mods picks up on the bug.

That's weird. I decided to watch the Champions League final (FM 2009) in my first season and I was able to see all the penalties.

I would have hoped I got the opportunity to watch the penalties too but FM decided that it didnt like me scoring the equaliser and awarded Celtic a 3-2 AET win.

Archived