Assistant Manager Match Feedback

I'm just making this thread to ask about in-game assistant manager information and how to react to it, please post if you can help.

As ive said in a previous post im playing as hulll city and with hull you need all the help you can get.

Here are some examples on the assistant managers feedback report i don't understand how to adjust my tactics for:

Cousin is closing down a little more then asked of him today.

what should i do here? adjust player instructions? to what? :confused:

bullard is playing a faster tompo then asked of him today.

Same thing, are these bits of information inportant?

Dawson is getting skinned too often today.

Should i change dawson to more defensive and lower his mentality?

Gardner is mis-timing alot of tackles today

Should i change his tackling to easy to be more cautious? or ignore?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the statistics say you are losing possession etc i change the passing type and instruct my team to retain possession.

Just need some pointer to help me understand the logic and system behind the feedback reports. Thanks to any posters who can help! :thup:

Most of the time i would ignore it, in my opinion there is little you can change from the advice that will make a big difference. But, you can adjust your tactics accordingly. For instance Cousin closing down more than used to - either ignore (has little effect) or set him to lower closing down (although this could mean that opposition defenders/midfielders have too much time on the ball. It wont effect his performance really its just that Cousin is a lazy baztard.

Dawson getting skinned - either more defensive, more aggressive in tackles, or zonal marking with closing down reduced. Bear in mind changing these can have negative effects on his and the teams performance.

My advice is to take the advice of assistant manager on board, but in reality the advice he gives you is not great tactically anyway. Just play how you would like to play bearing in mind the attributes of the players in your team.

For losing possession often advice i would train a player or 2 in defence and midfield to play a simple passing game, it helps with teams that i have managed before. Also, if your mentality is direct passing the knock-on effect from that is losing possession regardless of your instruction to retain possession.

Archived