FM2010 is a step backwards

I find it almost impossible to watch any match at all now, I am tired of seeing dozens upon dozens of 70 yard screamers hitting the back of the next. Its like everyone has been told they are really brazillian and scoring from your own half is the only way to score in the game that is football.

This new user interface just sucks, and thats the hard truth. Im sure people here are going to argue, oh but it looks sweet now and is simple and easy once you get used to it. I,ve got used to it, I,ve got used to it being very very annoying. Its like they stole the style of LMA manager and car crashed it into the FM experience. Its really aweful.

For a game that was trying to broaden its appeal, Its done some very strange things. The removal of the arrows has been a disaster, Its complicated things more than they need to be. Maybe this whole realism drive has finally gone to far and is now the games worst enemy. SI have been told thousands of times now to get rid of or reduce the press conference module, but they wont do that in the name of realism.

I just dont feel very attached to this anymore, I'm in just my 3rd season and I just cant click the .Exe anymore.

I dont know what has happened, be it the match engine, the user interface the stupid 3D or something else. It just aint what it used to be anymore.

Sad thing is there aint much competition either, My armchair career is firmly on hold for the foreseeable future. I'm sure I'm not the only purist who feels the same either, but god forbid we speak out.

Registered today, one post, griping, and complaining about speaking out? Damian, I think we're a little bored of your aliases. Closed until a mod checks this out.

If you'd like to continue to post - please try and stick to constructive feedback. What don't you like about the interface? Can we see a PKM of the 70-yard screamer - I'm sure SI would be keen to fix.

Cheers

Matt

Archived