KitGen

just wondering if its possible to associate this type of script in future FMs.

basically everyear the kit changes colour, appearence and style. You will have a choice to choose the set you would like for the team or put it to a fans vote.

It does get boring seeing the same kit 20 years on into the future...

what do you think?

just wondering if its possible to associate this type of script in future FMs.

basically everyear the kit changes colour, appearence and style. You will have a choice to choose the set you would like for the team or put it to a fans vote.

It does get boring seeing the same kit 20 years on into the future...

what do you think?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd much rather SI put effort into improving the flawed match engine, confidence and the transfer market instead of a gimmicky idea like this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would be done by a separate team like facegen if it happened.

Not a bad idea, but not essential. Like with the facegen, it's nice - but not essential. I can understand that it does sometimes give your "sim" footballer some "character" I suppose.

I think that the "scene" will always happily produce graphical enhancements and that the SI team should concentrate on the "meat" of the game itself.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xilion:

well its an idea i like the idea of this facegen technology being implemented else where in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about stadium-gen, a picture that represents your stadium and surrounding areas that develops through time, reputation, expansions and training or academy improvements. Obviously well known stadiums would look completely different and I know a lot of people wouldn't like that, but it would be good to see your stadium, training facilities and academy develop through time. Imagine the difference after taking a non-league team through to Europe, seeing a statue of yourself appear out the front, when the time comes for such glory.

I'm not suggesting a FIFA style stadium building device either just a picture that changes like face-gen.

Why ask for more "shiny" graphics and gimmicks?

For me they are not what the Football Manager series is about. I would hope that SI don't bow to the requests for more graphical features and concentrate on what they have proven to be leaders at with the "simulation" side of their games, with great depth and detail.

I have to admit, I remember playing games like FIFA Manager (the one that had Bobby Robson on the box!), and did enjoy tinkering with building stadiums for a short while before the novelty wore off. When all's said and done though, they were a distraction from the fact that the game itself was rubbish, was far too easy to win and had no depth.

Ultimate Soccer Manager had the sort of features you mention HonkyDick - but where is that series now. It was quite a good series while it lasted, but could'nt keep up with the CM/FM series. It's actually available for download on some abandonware sites these days, so if you want a fix of organising this side of football, try a Google for it icon_wink.gif

Id like to see it. I always think it's strange when I see Sheffield Wednesday with a shirt that still says 'PlusNet' on it when the year is 2027. I'd like to see the colour and style change, just style for home kits, and maybe fake sponsers put in there.

Like others have said, not really anything but a cosmetic change but it would be nice in game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I do feel that SI should focus on fixing the main problems at the moment before turning to superfluous additions to the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tbh i thought Facegen was pretty superfluous so it wouldnt exactly be anything new if FM went down that path again

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

Ultimate Soccer Manager had the sort of features you mention HonkyDick - but where is that series now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it didn't, you obviously didn't read the whole post, the last line is only there for people like you and you still assumed. icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx: It was quite a good series while it lasted, but could'nt keep up with the CM/FM series. It's actually available for download on some abandonware sites these days, so if you want a fix of organising this side of football, try a Google for it icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif Is this just to further illustrate how bad you are at comprehending a simple post?

I have a copy of USM from years ago anyway. icon_wink.gif

Rather than a KitGen thing I'd rather just see a plain kit for each team. Like what's generated for teams whose kits aren't in the game, based on club colours.

We don't know what a kit will look like in future but at least we know the basic colour scheme.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by argyle4ever:

Hey HonkyDick!! Is there anyway u can send me that game, i can't find it and that series was awesome!! icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No way, I keep all the old classics even if I will never play them again. icon_razz.gif

Do a search, most of the old games can be found as downloads these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived