Cock Jol????

Tottenham boss Martin Jol has one complaint about working in England - the mocking of his brothers' names!

Jol says he is unhappy the way in which certain papers mocked the fact his two brothers are named Cock and Dick.

"My poor brother", Jol told the Observer. "He has to go around and introduce himself as Cornelius to everyone now.

"It's stupid. Cock is just a nickname in Holland, a short version of his name. I mean, what's so funny about that? It's his name and my other brother's name is Dick. This is normal in Holland."

Tottenham boss Martin Jol has one complaint about working in England - the mocking of his brothers' names!

Jol says he is unhappy the way in which certain papers mocked the fact his two brothers are named Cock and Dick.

"My poor brother", Jol told the Observer. "He has to go around and introduce himself as Cornelius to everyone now.

"It's stupid. Cock is just a nickname in Holland, a short version of his name. I mean, what's so funny about that? It's his name and my other brother's name is Dick. This is normal in Holland."

LMAO!!!! I'm sorry, but can you imagine the brothers being late to some family event. "Where are Cock and Dick? Has anyone seen Cock or Dick?"

I can actually imagine the muted sniggers in the press room as Martin Jol is saying this :D

I can't imagine anyone in the press room being brave enough to snigger at Big Martin tbh.

Why not? His parents must have a sense of humour and surely some of that must have rubbed off on Big Martin? Which makes me wonder if Martin's brother has the nickname "big" before his name? That would make this even funnier :D

I guess it's lucky they are not a cricketing family. Imagine if he was an opening batsmen and someone arrived after the first wicket fell... They may well ask ...

" Who's got Cock out " .... :-D

"The bowler's Holding. The batsman's Willey" actually happened. :cool:

Archived