Dealing with over-confidence before matches

I never have confidence problems and I found out how to make this happen quite by accident.

ALL Teamtalks "None" start of game, half-time and End of game

ALL Press conferences answer "No Comment" then tick the "Alloted time up Box" as soon as its available.

Radical but worked instantly for me and not one upset player in now nearly 3 full seasons of doing it.

I never have confidence problems and I found out how to make this happen quite by accident.

ALL Teamtalks \"None\" start of game, half-time and End of game

ALL Press conferences answer \"No Comment\" then tick the \"Alloted time up Box\" as soon as its available.

Radical but worked instantly for me and not one upset player in now nearly 3 full seasons of doing it.

Have you actaully found this works well? I am keen to try it as they press conferences is a boring element of the game in my opinion. I understand why they have put it there, I just dont like it.

I'm getting a few players who are over-confident before my matches, even though they really shouldn't be (as we're not doing amazingly well). What are some ways of dealing with this? telling them "I expect a result" doesn't seem to do much...

Are you praising them too much after the previous match?

Do you still get overconfidence after kickoff when you use "Expect a result" either as a team or individually?

Personally I've found (albeit on 09) that demanding performances from determined, professional players who can handle pressure does work in the main but I have had a couple of players who tend to be overconfident. This seems to be down to the player thinking/being better than the level he is playing at - usually followed up be demanding a transfer within a season.

Archived