Squad Numbers reset on new season...

Just started my second season with Man Utd, had a successful season and managed to sign a couple of players, not many first teamers though. Instead I decided to stick with my youth and hopefully they'll bloom this season.

So the game asks me to register 25 players for the new season but its asking me to give them squad numbers and none of the players have numbers set.

I don't remember this part in 09.... I remember being asked to register players for the league but not limited to 25, thats more of a Champions League thing that happens later in the season. So now none of my players have numbers set to them so I have to set them myself. No problem I think, I'll make the game auto set them for me as in 09 you could just use the same as last season. This, instead of setting the correct numbers, decided to give different numbers... taking number 2 from Neville and giving it to Johnny Evans. Rooney had number 15... what the hell?

Being a big fan of Man Utd I know what numbers most of the the players, at least the first team and some of the reserves have without needing to look them up so I changed it and registered them but half my team can't play in the EPL...

A week or so later in the game and I'm asked to register their numbers once again... same screen, no change whatsoever so I just accept it and move on. I wouldn't be bothered but this seems a bit strange. Is this a new ruling the FA have introduced or has the game screwed me over somehow? I'm a bit peeved off about the numbers issue as well but i'll get over it I guess.

I believe the EPL instated a rule so the teams have to register 25 players (much like in the CL) to promote home-grown players instead of splashing the cash on useless players. I think players under the age of 21 don't need to be registered but can still play.

Not sure about the squad numbers - I always let them sort it out for themselves.

Yep SI poorly implement a rule thats coming in next season

Not really... registered players will be given a set number for the season. Any other players (who must be under 21 at the start of the season) are given a spare number. To assign a permanent number to them would be an infraction of the rules.

Archived