How many teams do you many in one save game at a time?

Do you manage one team at a time during a save or more?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Do you manage one team at a time during a save or more?

• I like to manage one team at a time in a save game
    • I like to manage more than one team at a time in a save game
    • I like to manage one team and one nation or more at a time
    • I like to start off unemployed and work my way up first before all this
    • Depends on what kind of save game I am planning

After talking for my friend for hours and hours of how much we love FM, talking about tatics, teams etc, I have a question to pose to you all :) .

Are you the sort of guy/girl who only manage's one team at a time within a save, or are you the sort of guy/girl who likes to manage more than one team. E.G. I like to manage one team at a time on my save (Rangers till i get bored of winning everything with them then move on) or are you like my friend who likes to manage more than one team at a time (Arsenal to champions league and league glory, Celtic to scottish domination, maybe a Scottish and/or English team up the leagues to compete with the big boys)

So what type are you? (Sorry for long post just felt i had to explain what i meant incase of confusion)

I normally play 1 team until I get really bored, then start a new save with a new team. I really love building squads and help promising youth players grow so after all the time I put in one team I don't really like to hop to a new team and leave all my "children" behind.

Yeah, lol. I mean, I've had a few PM's telling me to stop attention seeking, and a few posts in the boards doing the same. But I only made 1 thread about the 3,000 goals, and that wasn't even all that popular. :(

Some people just like to complain and wil find any reason to do so.

Bloody hell, I must be a one-off then! I manage three or four clubs at a time, and when I get national job offers I manage a couple of them too!

I nearly always manage a Prem side (long term if poss, if it's Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal- never the Man U scum - I stay with them, if not I usually move on after 5-10 seasons), always manage Rotherham, never leave them. I also always manage a non-league side and stay with them for good trying to take them up as many leagues as possible. The fourth team I don't always start with, but if I'm getting abit bored with my save, to make it more interesting I will add a 4th manager at Rangers, Queen's Park (huge ground - Hampden Park), or a club in Northern Ireland, possibly Belgium, Poland, Brazil, etc. This manager I use to move around various leagues trying to win the title in as many countries as possible.

Yeah, lol. I mean, I've had a few PM's telling me to stop attention seeking, and a few posts in the boards doing the same. But I only made 1 thread about the 3,000 goals, and that wasn't even all that popular. :(

To be fair though, it is the most popular thread in that forum by quite a stretch.

Nothing wrong with sharing your experiences when something extraordinary has happened and you have worked hard to earn it, I know I always make the most of it. I can almost hear the groans when the old FM06 Braintree Town screenshots come out.

Always been a multi team manager. Would not play the game anymore if i couldn't. Man Utd + Mexico, Bologna, Belgium, PSG+Ivory Coast, Newcastle Jets+Brazil, Crystal Palace, Wolfsburg+Australia, Hyde, Standard Liege+Morocco. Keeps me entertained and challenged at all times. Catch up logic is very noticeable when multi managing though.

And the Bologna manager is currently going for the Fiji job. Would love to discuss this with other multi team managers.

More than one team.......... are you kidding? I watch every game in full and a season takes me about 1.5 weeks to complete. Just can not imagine doing that with two teams........

ps..........whats up with the working in the title? can't you change that?

More than one team.......... are you kidding? I watch every game in full and a season takes me about 1.5 weeks to complete. Just can not imagine doing that with two teams........

ps..........whats up with the working in the title? can't you change that?

How do you mean the working in the title?

Ok, I normally manage 3 teams within a save:

Manager 1 - FC Porto, won Liga Sagres, Port Cup and Port League Cup in 1st season; knocked out of CL by Man Utd in semi-final.

Manager 2 - Portugal, won 2010 World Cup (2-1 vs Spain). Offered a job in Brazil to take over Flamengo; won the South American Cup in 2010.

Manager 3 - Starts unemployed (sunday league reputation). Gets a job to manage FC Cape Town (1st Division Coastal,). Comes 4th in 2009/10 season but has to resign due to a bug that prevents south african leagues from loading in 2010. This has been reported and Olly Kenney informed that a fix should be included in next patch, however current saves will not be repaired. Still waiting for another job...

To be honest, if I had achieved what Nep has done, I'd probably write the name 'Smylie' in giant letters in the colours of Knockbreda on the outside of my house (with Mrs Crouch's permission of course! ;)) That way, everyone who passes by my house would know of my achievement and I could also bask in the FM glory every time I left the house. :D

I'm actually waiting for the day when the Smylie legend spreads so far and wide that somebody actually joins the forum with that as their username. It could happen! :D

C.

From.. mm... FM05 or FM 06 until now, i have my personal challenge...

manage a team from the lowest english league AND a team from the lowest italian league (my hometown club) and play a champion's league final between them..

Never done it, for now, but i will keep trying.

To be honest, if I had achieved what Nep has done, I'd probably write the name 'Smylie' in giant letters in the colours of Knockbreda on the outside of my house (with Mrs Crouch's permission of course! ;)) That way, everyone who passes by my house would know of my achievement and I could also bask in the FM glory every time I left the house. :D

I'm actually waiting for the day when the Smylie legend spreads so far and wide that somebody actually joins the forum with that as their username. It could happen! :D

C.

*Starts petition to change Nep's username to Andrew Smylie ;)*

depends on the save but generally i know exactly what i want to achieve before i start the league. at the moment i'm trying to get the "win the top league in five different nations" thing on steam so i've moved around a bit.

on the past fm my best game was spent entirely at real sociedad where i built a number of world beating teams that i adored.

I've never managed more than one team at a time iirc. Its definitely something I need to try in the future tbh. I just think I'd end up becoming biased towards one team, and selling all my best players from one team to the other. :(

I play hotseat with myself and manage every team in the premier league at once. This ensures that I finish the season with exactly the league table I deserve.

i don't know if you're kidding but i bet that is great! might do it myself although i doubt i could play that game on it's own. really the idea of this is fascinating to me!

I've never managed more than one team at a time iirc. Its definitely something I need to try in the future tbh. I just think I'd end up becoming biased towards one team, and selling all my best players from one team to the other. :(

This. "Oh, you need a striker? Well, here, borrow him...no, no fees...a future fee of nothing? Sure, sounds GREAT!"

This. "Oh, you need a striker? Well, here, borrow him...no, no fees...a future fee of nothing? Sure, sounds GREAT!"

Ha yes, exactly this. And I can guarantee my biased team would change frequently.

'You loaned him to me yesterday and you want him back already?!'

i'd be happy just to do it for one season, think of the drama! would be hard to avoid matchfixing though i suppose.

It'd be cool if you could turn off the cup games and the Champions League, but since you'd have to play through all of those AND run the risk of getting yourself fired and screwing the experiment, it might get tedious fast.

This is of course, a temptation :D Even if you do a transfer between two of your own clubs you think is fair, it probably won't be as you will be paying more/less than other clubs would.

So for these very reasons I operate with a strict no transfers policy between clubs I manage, that way I know my conscience is always clear and I have not cheated :)

Archived