Replay saved game using latest patch option (journalized system)?

OK, we’re probably all ****.. off to start a new game over and over again when a new patch is available. The solution I suggest is a “Replay saved game” option. How would it work?

1. Start a game with version xxxx (current)

2. New patch available

3. Launch FM, select option “Replay saved game using latest patch”

4. FM asks “Are you sure, this can take up to days to recalculate the saved game depending on the number of leagues and seasons”

5. Click “OK”, FM starts to “Replay” the entire game applying the patch:

- Applying DB players Patch..

- Applying DB data changes Patch …

- Applying ME changes Patch…

- Replaying saved game…

Now FM will recalculate a new game based on the previous one by using the “Journal” included in the previous saved game (would need to add one). Players transfer, match results, discipline, training, wages, goals, everything will be kept as in the previous game but on a fresh new saved game with new patches applied. Having such a system will allow regen modifications, among others, to be applied at the very beginning of the game without the pain of having to lose all we achieved before the patch.

Result, lot less complains from us, because restarting a game is probably the most annoying bug FM is suffering of. I don’t care waiting 2 days for the game to be available again, the pleasure to have everything as before but with this promising regen starting abilities corrected will be a great reward.

Archived