Found regen but wondering if he is worth the trouble

Found this regen during the early part of the 2011-2012 season playing Arsenal. His technical stats are insane but due to his slow pace I wonder if he would be worth buying. His potential is decribed as leading premiership left midfielder (ML and AML natural) while his curent ability is rated rather average (due to his speed I reckon). Issue is that physical stats are rather hard to increase normally so I have my doubts about this one.

Any thoughts folks? Is an unbalanced player like this worth a shot? How would you reckon he develops in the future? Maybe retraining him to striker?

islas.png

Just wondering if due to his reasonable defensive stats as well he might be better suited to a different position then winger. Possibly a position where speed is not such a big issue.

Off the ball and positioning are almost the same (lowish but acceptable), he does have concentration and tackling as well. Bit of a waste in a striker I say, or AML. I don't normally play with ML's either.

This guy can probably become very nice if you have a solid plan in place how to train him and to what position but I don't. Giving me headaches!

Personally I'd be more concerned about his very low Decisions attribute, which is a crucial one for any midfielder. I have a similar regen in my save, left sided midfielder with great technical stats but only 5 for decisions - my coaches rave about him but he just never puts in the performances.

This guy is probably still worth trying out though.

He will fly in at the start of the next season so I will have the rest of the year to decide where to play him and to what position to retrain him eventually if any. It is worth a shot anyway, bought him for 4 mil without any clauses so the next transfer fee will go straight into my bank. If I don't decide to play him as a regular that is.

If his speed does increase or is likely to do so I guess he will be a solid winger. Retraining him to MC isn't such a bad suggestion tho. Not playing with an AMC at the moment (4-5-1) so probably won't put him there. Allready have 3 promising strikers coming through the ranks so not sure if that position would be worthwhile for him, also considdering I only play 1 striker normally so I have too many too begin with.

Funny detail, when I tried to grab him the transfer story leaked and he got a flood of offers. A bit of smooching up however did the trick as it put me in his favorite personal list and he decided to sign with me :)

Just a thought, what about the DL position?

sell him for a massive problem

Know what you mean to say but that sounded mighty funny :D

I would adapt his training schedule, an individual one for him.

And yes, special training schedule for him. More focussed on obvious physical shortcoming.

Would be a waste of his talents, besides he does not have good enough Decisions, Anticipation, Postioning stats to really excell in that position.

Agreed, playing too far back on the pitch would probably be a waste of his attacking technical stats.

Still playing with the thought of retraining him to MC tho, mostly because of his balanced albit weak Positioning, Off the Ball and his relatively high tackling and low speed. The lack of solid decision making is noted however.

Archived