Losing staff all too often...

I'm in my 2nd season as Liverpool manager and won the FA Cup and League in my 1st season... so why the hell do my staff constantly bugger off elsewhere as soon as anyone (and I mean anyone) shows the slightest bit of interest in them?

I've given them all shiney new contracts... I even signed one coach, Carr from West Ham and the following season this "very loyal" coach sods off back to West Ham?? If he was that loyal surely he wouldn't have left them in the first place, let alone go back to West Ham a few weeks after signing a new contract with me!

I'm sick of having to spend time replacing coaches, scouts, physios and even Sammy Lee went. It seems like once a week someone makes a bid for my staff and I can do nothing to stop them accepting the first offer on the table!

Very, very frustrating.

The staff are a bit silly this year tbh,always declaring interest for other clubs every other week,if i (the manager) show interest in another club the board aint happy,that should also apply to all staff and not just the manager.

Well, i think its up to the manager to employ the staff and not the chairman. So the same 'board aint happy' thing should not be applied.

• Administrators

Yeah it can be a frustrating issue and is something we are aware of. Best way to combat this is to give them longer contracts - the longer the deal the more it'll cost clubs to 'buy' them out of their contract and will put them off. Thanks for bringing the issue up.

Yeah it can be a frustrating issue and is something we are aware of. Best way to combat this is to give them longer contracts - the longer the deal the more it'll cost clubs to 'buy' them out of their contract and will put them off. Thanks for bringing the issue up.

Does that mean it'll be tweaked in the patch? Very difficult to keep a settled backroom team.

Offering longer contracts is just a workaround.

Sure, but this won't stop the big boys. Playing as Liverpool in my 4th season, I've assembled together a fine staff, but find myself fencing off bids for them from Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Inter, Real Madrid and others almost every week.

If I offer them a new contract whenever another club offers them one I tend to keep them (though at the cost of their salary increasing every time, since I have to offer a lot more than their current salary) - if I do nothing they pretty much always leave me. Sure I get a fee for them, but the hassle of finding a replacement staff member every other week is tiresome and tedious...and since I usually have to buy them out as well the fee I got for my staff in the first place ends up going to cover that.....

It got to the point where I pretty much had all my coaches at £10,000 a week on 5 yr deals just to not have to deal with it anymore....unfortunately it didn't help too much, the other clubs would gladly pay £1M for them.

It's very annoying. But honestly some of my overpaid staff werent that good in the first place and mutual termination was too expensive, so I didnt mind too much. However, it becomes very frustrating when they target your best coaches and scouts.

It would be cool if we got one of those "forced answer" news forcing us to acknowledge someone made an offer for a staff member of ours. Sometimes I miss seeing these offers (and therefore only realize I should have made an offer to maintain them when it is too late), because I have so many news of players in my short list and tend to breeze over them.

Man City just poached one of my coaches off me in one continue. Never even had a chance to do anything, the first new message was that they were interested, the last was they had signed him. All in one day.:(

I have to constantly fight to keep my staffs, even after winning league and CL. t's usually Man City and R.Madrid who overwrite their contracts with 1M compensation.

Also staff loyalty means nothing. One of mine keep saying he wants a post at other club.

Archived