Network Problems

I found it incredibly hard to start a network game with my mate that way, we both downloaded hamachi and created a network on there and now it allows us to play network games, maybe you could try that instead?

hamachi? what is that?

You have to get this other programme called hamachi and do it through there. But i wouldn't recommenend even wasting your time mate it is that slow even with just one league loaded.

I was playing a network game with my mate who lives 5 mins away and for who ever was connecting to the game it would take 15-25 secs each time you clicked to go onto the next screen.

I think SI should look at making network gaming better if possible

You have to get this other programme called hamachi and do it through there. But i wouldn't recommenend even wasting your time mate it is that slow even with just one league loaded.

I was playing a network game with my mate who lives 5 mins away and for who ever was connecting to the game it would take 15-25 secs each time you clicked to go onto the next screen.

I think SI should look at making network gaming better if possible

If it takes that long to progress, the problem is probably related to your internet connection.

Perhaps you have a slow upload rate or the servers are busy which causes lag for your friend.

Hamachi really is a god send. Without it it's impossible to set up a network game in FM.

The speeds are actually quite good, especially if you have a good connection.

I would really reommend you to download hamachi. It's pretty easy. The application will tell you what to do when you run it for the very first time.

If it takes that long to progress, the problem is probably related to your internet connection.

Perhaps you have a slow upload rate or the servers are busy which causes lag for your friend.

Hamachi really is a god send. Without it it's impossible to set up a network game in FM.

The speeds are actually quite good, especially if you have a good connection.

I would really reommend you to download hamachi. It's pretty easy. The application will tell you what to do when you run it for the very first time.

Yeah we tried it through hamachi and it just wasn't playable for the guest.

Both of us have a good connection because we both checked before starting th game.

And also why is it impossible just to go through the actual game surely there is a way round this

What do you mean it wasn't playable for the guest? Do you have Run As Server ticked? If so he shouldn't, then you create a network on Hamachi, he joins it, he copies you IP Address, and then joins through the Network Game on FM, then he chooses New Manager, should work.

you can do it with out running through hamachi, your more than likely need to do some port forwarding though, I think they are 10093 and 10094 off the top of my head though that may be wrong.

I would imaging it would run better directly, rather than using hamachi, if you can get it working.

The speed of the game though will be dependent on the hosts upload speed, I have 700k or so upload and the guy who I play with says there is a delay but more than playable.

Archived