Lone Striker doesn't score since last patch

I had 3 seasons started with the first version of the game, always using a single striker and he always did fine. But, since the last patch, I started the 4th season and omg, 5.5, 5.8, 5.6, 10 games and only a couple of goals. I don’t think that’s my striker; Aguero who suddenly became crap.

I’m that fed up with the need to restart a new game as soon as a new patch is out. But it seems like the latest patch has fu.. up something, so I have 2 choices, uninstall the game and do something less boring, or give it another try.

Restarted a new game, but the result is the same; awful form for single strikers, they just don’t seem to be able to bag one. Tried, different strikers, different tactics, but always using a lone striker because having 2 was always resulting in the 2 strikers walking over each other and resulting in poor form from one of them.

Has anyone noticed that kind of strange drop of form ever since the latest patch? If somebody has found a way to play a lone striker, could he share his tactic or role settings? I’m now in my second season with Hayes & Yeading United in CC L2 and won’t last long with my striker having 5.5 each game. I’m a bit short of solutions as I’m warning my strikers after each game for poor form. Most of my goals have been scored by my midfielders in the previous season, but now at a higher level I really need a striker able to score.

Strange stuff is that I haven't changed anything in the tactics nor the players in the first game, and I don't mean my striker had bad luck, he was performing awfully instead.

I used to play with the same tactic in my first game for 3 seasons and had my striker bag 45 goals in average per season. Started the 4th season after applying the last patch and boom, all goes awfully wrong for each match. After a couple of games I would say; he’s lost a bit of confidence, but after 10 league games?!

I’ve used this tactic for 3 seasons so I know it works well, I’ve restarted a new game and I had the same issues, it’s like he’s not wanting to score anymore.

No match engine changes have gone into the 10.1.1 patch, so this is just coincidence - I would imagine it could be a confidence thing and perhaps a drop in morale has ruined his form.

Might wanna tone down the need for confidence/morale. Sure it's important in the real world, but it's feels too dominant in FM2010...

No match engine changes have gone into the 10.1.1 patch, so this is just coincidence - I would imagine it could be a confidence thing and perhaps a drop in morale has ruined his form.
Strange im playing lone striker and hes scoring fine...

Get a world class striker with poor morale and he will trip over his own feet and miss passes over 2 yards.

Archived