ECC and Uefa Cup Places

after a good start ot the season with spurs i was in good postion for a european cup place, a few bad results home and away after christmas in my 1st year mind ment all i could hope for was a spot in uefa cup, i lost my final game of year away to relegated birmingham!!!!! WTF... i finished 8th in prem, i havent yet processed another day since that game as yet as it was late last night, i have the world cup with ivory coast to look forward to haha but my main concern is have i qualified for europe at all? please advise ha

thanks

Cav

after a good start ot the season with spurs i was in good postion for a european cup place, a few bad results home and away after christmas in my 1st year mind ment all i could hope for was a spot in uefa cup, i lost my final game of year away to relegated birmingham!!!!! WTF... i finished 8th in prem, i havent yet processed another day since that game as yet as it was late last night, i have the world cup with ivory coast to look forward to haha but my main concern is have i qualified for europe at all? please advise ha

thanks

Cav

Not without the fairplay league.

I thought it was top 8, unless a team outside the top 4 won the Champion's League. You may well be right - I'm behind the times. :o

My understanding is that it is top 4 - Champ league, 5th, league cup & fa cup - Europa league.

But did spurs win the league cup last year?:confused:

It goes:

Top 4: Champions League

5th: Europa League

The F.A Cup and League Cup winners get the other two allocated Europa League spots, but if they are won by top 5 sides (who have already qualified for Europe through their League position) then 6th and potentially 7th could also get a Europa League spot. 8th gets nothing unfortunately, unless the Europa League is also won by a side who have already qualified for the Europa League (so pretty damn unlikely for this scenario to happen).

right well chelsea won the league fa and the prem ( the treble ) and i finished 8th and yes i now i should of done much better :( done great at start to... bad times, but surely i must be in the uefa cup at least with chelsea winning everythin

nope, 5th place, 6th instead of FA cup, 7th instead of league cup, so as before not without fair play league:(

It only depends on the winner of the league cup & Europa League I'm afraid and still then 8th place will get nothing.

If an english team won the CL then it's still only 4 teams that go through to the CL.

5th place side gets Europa League (Unless they're CL winners, then 4th Place get Europa League).

League Cup & FA Cup Winners get Europa League.

If the League Cup winner is in the top 5 then the 6th place team gets Europa league.

If the FA Cup Winner is in the top 5 then the FA Cup runners up get Europa League (Hence Millwall a couple of years back?).

If the winner of the Europa League was from England and finished in the top 5, then the 6/7th placed team (Depending on League Cup Winners) gets Europa League.

so i carried on anywhooss got to semi final of world cup beating spain argentina and holland to lose in semi to brazil :( bad times, brought in some young new faces and let some ppl go, now undefeated after 8 games in prem and not yet coceaded a goal in a team that leaked goals all season, hopefully can keep it up! :) oh and btw i never got a uefa place :(

Archived