Happy or Unhappy with FM 2010?

Happy or Unhappy so far with FM2010?  

533 members have voted

1. 1. Happy or Unhappy so far with FM2010?

• Good Game
    • Too many bugs or other reasons to make it unenjoyable

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best yet bar none, and im not overly fussed with the bugs, hope they get ironed out but it doesnt detract from my gameplay. Done 5 seasons with Sedan and tbh ive not enjoyed any other version more than this one. Yes, my first few gamesaves where I finished 10th with Arsenal, got sacked by Bordeaux after 15 games, and almost got athletico madrid relegated were mind numbingly annoying, but once you sit down and go through the tactics methodically, this game is a pleasure.

I know people are popping at the game left right and centre for regen bugs, crash dumps and the like, but for me, touch wood, I have had no crashes, Steam is working beautifully, and the game performs well on my really quite rubbish maching (running 5 playable leagues on a 1 star setup and have had no real performance issues). The regen problems havent taken away from my enjoyment, though I can see why it would.

Get the feeling this thread has been adressed countless times, but theres my 2p anyways.

Best yet bar none, and im not overly fussed with the bugs, hope they get ironed out but it doesnt detract from my gameplay. Done 5 seasons with Sedan and tbh ive not enjoyed any other version more than this one. Yes, my first few gamesaves where I finished 10th with Arsenal, got sacked by Bordeaux after 15 games, and almost got athletico madrid relegated were mind numbingly annoying, but once you sit down and go through the tactics methodically, this game is a pleasure.

I know people are popping at the game left right and centre for regen bugs, crash dumps and the like, but for me, touch wood, I have had no crashes, Steam is working beautifully, and the game performs well on my really quite rubbish maching (running 5 playable leagues on a 1 star setup and have had no real performance issues). The regen problems havent taken away from my enjoyment, though I can see why it would.

Get the feeling this thread has been adressed countless times, but theres my 2p anyways.

earlier thread had no poll and suggested creating 1, apologies if this is a duplicate

earlier thread had no poll and suggested creating 1, apologies if this is a duplicate

Wasnt having a dig BTW, I couldnt care less about keeping a forum clean, just seem to find every 2nd thread seems to be a "I love FM, I hate Fm, rinse and repeat" :)

I'm really enjoying it. Played well over 100 hours so far, and will play many more, so it's been fantastic value for money as well. I'm playing long term journeyman career games, and I have a side game with a completely fictional country and league set up.

I don't seem to be coming across the problem people have been mentioning, and this is in around 20 seasons of game time. My fave FM ever.

How do you mean? Not aware of the previous problem.:confused:

With AI managers buying players for 10 million and not using them, then selling them on 6 months later for 30 million after playing one game.

Also with clubs continually renewing youth players contracts year on year until there are 26 and in the course of their time at the club, they've had one loan spell and only played a handful of games.

It was very rampant in FM09 with Premiership clubs especially Arsenal and Untied

Hope this makes it clearer for you, its a problem a lot of ppl have encountered i believe but many ppl didn't seem to care about it.

I'm just wondering cos i'll be buying the game in May hopefully.

With AI managers buying players for 10 million and not using them, then selling them on 6 months later for 30 million after playing one game.

Also with clubs continually renewing youth players contracts year on year until there are 26 and in the course of their time at the club, they've had one loan spell and only played a handful of games.

It was very rampant in FM09 with Premiership clubs especially Arsenal and Untied

Hope this makes it clearer for you, its a problem a lot of ppl have encountered i believe but many ppl didn't seem to care about it.

I'm just wondering cos i'll be buying the game in May hopefully.

No, reserve squads generally reduce in size over time.

Generally AI managers buy 1st teamers and good youth prospects, to be honest manager actions seam close to what would be reality.

I'm really enjoying the game.

FM09 for me wasn't the best so i continued with FM08 until FM10 came out and haven't stopped playing it since.

To be honest I haven't noticed any bugs or had any crashes so I must be lucky.

Only problem I am having is that it is affecting my COD MW2 game time!!!

Rather play FM over MW2 must be a good sign for Sports Interactive I suppose

(Just incase you're not a sad geek like me COD MW2 = Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2)

I have really enjoyed this iteration. I didn't enjoy 2009 as I thought the 3d was a big let down. I wasn't going to buy 2010 but was bored one day so I bought it to have something to do when I'm bored. Its actually one of the best that I've played since 2006 (skipped 2007).

I'm enjoying it at the moment, especially now I have an updated laptop to play it on (on my older desktop, the ME froze 4-5 times per match for about 45 seconds). Runs quick and no crashes. No doubt it will be even better when the 10.2 patch is released (anyone know when that is likely to be?).

I'm enjoying it at the moment, especially now I have an updated laptop to play it on (on my older desktop, the ME froze 4-5 times per match for about 45 seconds). Runs quick and no crashes. No doubt it will be even better when the 10.2 patch is released (anyone know when that is likely to be?).

Whispers on the forum say this month but SI won't tie themselves down to a date as if it not ready it wont be released.

Don't do much posting as you can tell but have been playing this game for years. Registered some time back for some advice. But FM10..........

Just a tad fed up.

Lazy defending. Always slow to move, don't tackle and put the ball out for a corner when under no pressure?

Opposition makes a tackle and the ball goes loose, the opposition gives chase, where as my player slows and turns that slow he could be a barge on the canal?

Crap opposition strikers scoring powerful top corner efforts, when checking the attribute they are very poor, why are the scoring?

I seem to every game conceide a goal within the first 15 mins and have to fight back all the time? (When playing lower league)

Amazing comebacks by the AI, 3 or 4-0 up and suddenly its a draw when the clock hits the 90? (When playing higher divisions)

Other little nigly things people mention, I aint bothered about.

I can't understand the game being played out, but there are definately bugs with the defending. I have not seen a striker the loads of goals either?

This is in my opinion the best version for a couple of years but the problems have made it very difficult for me to have a long term game.

Numerous ME problems and a never ending amount of crash dumps make the game very difficult to play, but i love the tactics creator and my advice would be to wait until patch 3 comes out before you buy the game.

(The ME is a massive massive issue, and anyone who suggests otherwise is an idiot, defending is broken, attacking is broken, goalkeeping is broken, i think the only thing that isnt broken on match days is the commentating)

Couldn't really get into FM09 - which was possibly down to my epic FM08 game which I just couldn't end. But FM10 has drawn me back into the game, it's their best yet IMO.

Pretty much the same as GillsMan for me.

Loved FM08. Fell out with FM09 entirely in the end.

FM10 has drawn me in again and I'm really enjoying it. I'm a bit hesitant to reach any major conclusions on the game just yet, as I feel that a long-term game and some more playing is necessary before I make my final verdict. So far, so good though for me. :thup:

C.

A few bugs here and there, bit slow at times (but that's because I haven't upgraded my PC in a few years), a few little frustrations that aren't actually bugs (ie still not alot of variety in team talks/press conferences), but I'm happy with it. There's certainly nothing I've experienced personally that's made the game unplayable for me.

Pointless poll in the first place then.

If the 25% of unhappy people doesn't mean anything, then the 75% of happy people doesn't mean anything either :)

It is a pretty pointless poll, yes. I'll be surprised if it reaches 1000 votes, and taking into account the fact that the game has probably sold 250k copies minimum (purely based on the fact that FM09 apparently sold 1m+) upto this point, then yes it is rather pointless.

Another thing to take into consideration is the main reason people join games forums: to complain/they have problems. There is always going to be more people here that are complaining, afterall very few join because they're enjoying the game.

So Dicko's point may also be correct, although I'm guessing he said that because he has a problem, it probably should be higher.

Archived