FM10 rating of your system specs

Ive just noticed this whilst loading up a new game. It has attributed both parts to a mere 1/2 star. Im not losing any pride over having a slow system, however I ran FM09 with relative ease and didnt notice any slow down until well past 15 seasons, which even then wasnt a hindrance.

My question is this: Do you find these ratings to be accurate?

Mine shows 3 1/2 stars and 4 stars respectively. It should run fine but Im having problems. Im now only watching games with commentry only. Watching the full 3d game crashes my comp. However, I think its a processor problem which needs an upgrade.

Im not sure but I think the performance star rating thing may only apply to RAM??

Mine shows 3 1/2 stars and 4 stars respectively. It should run fine but Im having problems. Im now only watching games with commentry only. Watching the full 3d game crashes my comp. However, I think its a processor problem which needs an upgrade.

Im not sure but I think the performance star rating thing may only apply to RAM??

I have 4 GB RAM and still get a low star rating.

1/2 stars for 9 leagues in 5 countries, DB of 31,000 players. Haven't noticed much of a difference compared to last year. Have a 1.6ghz dual-core processor that's quite terrible (according to a website that rates them) and 4gb ram. However, I'll be getting a new computer tomorrow with 2.5ghz quad-core and 6gb ram, so I'll go to the new game setup screen and see if there's any difference.

The star ratings system doesn't work properly so just ignore what it says for the time being. SI are aware of this problem and are working on it and a fix should be included (hopefully) with the next patch.

Yeah, I pay no attention to the stars. I get half a star for speed (if I remember correctly) with just England down to Blue Square North/South. This despite being able to run other games with high demands on full settings (or almost full) at 30fps+.

So as others say, if you know your PC well, then pay no attention to the stars - you know what your PC can do more than the game does. :)

1/2 stars for 9 leagues in 5 countries, DB of 31,000 players. Haven't noticed much of a difference compared to last year. Have a 1.6ghz dual-core processor that's quite terrible (according to a website that rates them) and 4gb ram. However, I'll be getting a new computer tomorrow with 2.5ghz quad-core and 6gb ram, so I'll go to the new game setup screen and see if there's any difference.

Okay, I've got the new computer- now listed as 5 stars for performance and 4 for game speed, with 3 for 3d graphics. Game definitely loads and sets-up much quicker, even with a db of 34,000 players now.

The star ratings system doesn't work properly so just ignore what it says for the time being. SI are aware of this problem and are working on it and a fix should be included (hopefully) with the next patch.

whs^^ I've noticed it give different ratings for the same set-up on my pc. Plus, the speed rating is completely subjective anyway. What i consider slow, other people may consider acceptable/fast...

Archived