Improving a League

Hello all

I decided that I wanted to improve a whole country/league by controlling a single team. I chose IFK Göteborg of Sweden.

I had hoped that if I turned this team into a major European club, this would indirectly improve the reputation of the Swedish Leagues, which would increase revenues, competition prizes, attendances etc, which would lead to facilities being upgraded, higher profile players joining etc, which would lead to better youth players etc.... I'm sure you see the cycle I had in my head.

But after about a month in the game, I started wondering what parts of the league and country's stats would not change. Is the reputation of the league fixed? Will Sweden's stats ever change so that players want to go there just as much as Spain/England/Italy?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, am I wasting my time??

If its world domination for the Swedish league your after then yes i'm very sure it's a waste of your time, but, if your wanting a Swedish club to be recognised around the world then it will take alot of hard graft but it is definately possible. So what i am saying is you can achieve it for your club but doing a one man crusade for your whole league and country may well be a bridge too far :)

haha yeh, I think my ambitions are a little out of reach, but its just an experiment to pass some time.

So, hypothetically, if I won the Champions league, would high profile players join me because Göteborg's reputation had improved, then play a few games for me and think "actually, this league's pretty crap, I want to leave."? And would Göteborg's reputation stat have a cap on it, purely because it's in Sweden?

And would Göteborg's reputation stat have a cap on it, purely because it's in Sweden?

Yes. Unfortunately, even if you won the CL every year and are the best team in the world, the swedish league rep will always hold the club reputation back. I doubt it is even possible to get a 'Worldwide' rep when playing in Sweden.

Dynamic league rep is something that we have been asking for for many years however SI continue to ignore this vital aspect of the game.

Your club reputation will increase in line with your European sucesses but unfortunately the League reputation will not increase. As with players joining, they will join as long as your reputation is high enough and more importantly you can afford them. Not sure about the amount of money in the Swedish game but i doubt you will ever be able to assemble a world class team but good luck trying.

Archived