Saying disappointing when leading 1-0 at half time will...

Whao , I never know this.

I am in club world championship, vs a korean team and i am the clear favorite to win the tournament.

My team was playing averagely, and only manage to get a 1-0 lead when at half time. Clearly I am disappointed with them, however, in almost every cases when i am leading 1-0 at half time, i will only encourage them to score more, but this time, due to my bad mood, i decided to say i am disappointed.

final result? 5-0 D

when i check back my team talk feedback after the game, 5 of my player are fired up after the half time team talk, and 1 of them are motivated....wooot

Playing as AC Milan at the moment and my ASS man, who has 20 for motivation, often advises me to use this in similar situation. I have never used it though as i am too scared the players will have a negative reaction and played woefully in the 2nd half. I might try it now after your experience.

If you choose the right moment to use it, it can be a great motivator.

Say Man Utd are at home to Hull, lead 1-0 thanks to a lucky deflection and haven't created any real chances of note. You think SAF will be happy? More than likely he'll say "We have been rubbish and are fortunate to be in front, I want to see a hugely improved performance in the second half".

i just try another match, against wolves at home this time (my team is a self created team that started at BSS and are now champions of england for 3 years consecutively) , again leading only 1-0 at half time, i use the same team talk again, only 1 player are motivated this time, while the rest are not listening

the game end with 2-0

to cityandcolour, yeap, thats true, however, for some thing, game mechanics and real life are 2 different thing. Its great that SI had implement this finally as if i remember correctly, in FM08 and FM09 this does not happened.

I don’t know about FM10 – I haven’t played much due to my laptop having to go back to Fujitsu-Sieman’s German workshop. I’m back on FM7.2 on an ancient laptop that can’t handle FM9, never mind FM10.

Anyway, I know in previous versions (FM8 being the unplayably worst culprit) the wrong teamtalk would effectively handicap your team beyond any tactical rectification. No point playing out the match. Inevitable dire performance.

I know that if you’d replay the same game you’d get different results and sometimes your team’s performance would be better than others. But choose the wrong teamtalk that the AI has deigned appropriate for a particular game and your players would be transformed into utter incompetents. Incapable of winning any tackle, even 80-20 in their favour. Incapable of passing, controlling, anything. And before some fanboy comes up with “it was your tactics”, these would be the same tactics that were perfectly successful in similar circumstances.

After all, how are the effects of teamtalks modelled? Moral? If so, moral had too much weight back then. Or was it some handicapping system? If so, that also had too much weight. Picking the wrong teamtalk from a ltd drop down list should NOT turn your team into gibbering wrecks.

Hi all,..

I had to admit that this TeamTalk work great.. :)

N I never hesitate to use 'anger with the performance' even if the match is draw.. :)

Good to try.. :)

i always say angry at half time when its a draw, but i always use "have faith on ability" on my star striker

my star striker will usually go on and score :p

tbh, i had found out that my star striker will do very good on the 2nd half if i say have faith on ability at half time if he did not score in 1st 45mins, or have a rating lower than 7

my last season i basically holiday pass 50% of the season, and when i play the match, i wont bother to use "have faith on ability" for my star striker, end up he only score 50% goals compare to the last few season :S

Dr.Phil's Football Manager 2010 :D

Jokes aside, I don't think there is an universal recipe for the right team talk. Different players will react in a different way, and what works well for you might be a disaster for me.

That being said, some days your team just WON'T score/play well/win, no matter what you say or what you do.

Dr.Phil's Football Manager 2010 :D

Jokes aside, I don't think there is an universal recipe for the right team talk.

Couldn't disagree more mate, there really is a universal recipe for the right talk. Team talks have way too much effect on the game and you really can lose a game by simpy giving the wrong team talk.

Theres a really good thread regarding what to say when in the tactics forum. It was written for FM08 and works just as well in the new game

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=5494&highlight=teamtalks

Archived