[FM10] To Oblivion and Beyond: Managing in Obscurity

Terk

This is a game I've been playing for a day or so now, and it won't effect my other thread (I'm a student, I have LOTS of free time). I noticed that cmontheloknow has created a edit file which allowed you to manage in the Scottish amateur leagues, and I thought it was worth a shot.

I'm playing on the 10.1 patch with cmontheloknow's Scottish league edit and Super Bladesman's England to level 10 edit. Leagues running (inspired by the utter ridiculousness of Jason the Yank's multiple league running) are;

Belgium (Pro League), Brazil (Third Division and above), China (First Division and above), England (Level 10 and above), France (National and above), Germany (2.Bundesliga and above), Holland (Juliper League and above), Hong Kong (First Division), Italy (Serie C1 and above), Portugal (Liga Vitalis and above), Scotland (utterly shitloads), Spain (LIGA adelante and above), Wales (Principality Welsh Premier)

That is, I think, 56 divisions. Given that the game won't be running particularly quickly, I'll be doing updates either at the end of every month or every two months. Anyway, on with the game.

In basically every version of FM I've had a game where I've edited my local club, Penicuik Athletic, into the third division of Scottish football and seen how far I can take them (not very). But now that I can manage them in their natural environment (the Scottish Junior Football Association East Region Premier Division) it seemed like a good starting point. The only problem is that there is only one level to which I can take them above where we are now (the Scottish Junior Football Association East Region Super Division), so they will only be a stepping stone on my continuing path into obscurity.

Penicuik Atheltic

penicuikathletic.gif

History

Penicuik Athletic Football Club are a Scottish junior football club. They were formed in 1888 and are based in Penicuik. Penicuik Park is ten miles south west of Edinburgh on the A702. The club is currently playing in the Premier League of the Scottish Junior Football Association's East Region at their home ground, Penicuik Park. They signed ex-Gretna striker Martin Cameron for the start of season 2006–07. Penicuik Athletic attract a big crowd on matchday, usually a Saturday.

Penicuik turned Junior in 1951 with the supporter's club buying Eastfield Park from the National Coal Board and built a new pavilion. The chairman at the time, Mr David Masson and Jimmy Ketchen, were two prominent figures in the club. Their manager was Dick Walker and coach Harry Verth.

Penicuik won their first silverware in 1949–50 season (before turning Junior) winning the Border Cup.

Penicuik Athletic's biggest achievement is undoubtedly reaching the Scottish Junior Cup Final in 1970 at Hampden Park, Glasgow. Penicuik's opponents on Saturday May 16 1970 was Blantyre Victoria who they drew with 1–1, only to be defeated in the replay the following Tuesday night 1–0.

After a long spell playing in the Junior leagues, Penicuik Athletic disbanded in the late '80s with a supermarket being built on the site of Eastfield Park. However they reformed in 2002 playing at their new home Penicuik Park in the centre of the town. While playing in the Lothian League Division 2, in 2004 they won the Supplementary Cup against Whitburn at Blackburn Utd's Murrayfield Park.

In 2007 Penicuik fought their way out of Division 1 into the newly formed Premier League set up for the 2006–07 season where they remain today.

Info

Stadium: Penicuik Park

Capacity: 2,000

penicuik3.jpg

Bank Balance: £1,638

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £456 per week

Wage Bill: £532 per week

Media Prediction: 3rd

Board Expectation: Top half

So, the game is under way, and a look at the league table shows the might of opposition we will be facing, whilst I have donned some funky glasses in my manager profile, and am a former semi-professional footballer (in my big, fat dreams). The squad is, well, ****, but then so is everyone's at this level. Our highest paid players are on £25 per week, and I can only look on in envy at Kinnoull, who have the highest paid player in the division at £250 per week. I'm looking forward to this.

I'm playing on the 10.1 patch with cmontheloknow's Scottish league edit and Super Bladesman's England to level 10 edit. Leagues running (inspired by the utter ridiculousness of Jason the Yank's multiple league running) are;

I've created a legend. :cool:

Who? ;)

I love the idea of managing your local team down in the depths of the football pyramid and it's something that's crossed my mind for a while. I always play a save in Asia but after I may take on a similar challenge to yours (with Long Eaton Football Club thanks to Super Bladesman's update) so it'll be interesting to see how your lower league journey goes.

I especially like the cow shed in the photo...how it holds 2000 though puzzles me. :confused: ;)

Archived