What is 'Other' in Finances/Expenditure?

GMO

For my Finances/Expenditure there is a category or line for 'Other'.

What is included under 'Other' expenditures?

I'm managing Sileby in United Counties Div1 and a lot of my expenditures is under 'Other'.

I don't know how to reduce that cost because I don't know what that is.

Thanks.

Without trying to be smart, the other expenditure figure is made up of any club expense that is not covered in any of the other expenditure headings. Every expense in running the club is calculated and the miscellaneous ones ( and there are a lot ) are put in here.

Why won't SI tell us what it is please ?

Because you've already had several answers in this thread. It mostly comprises of non-football staff wages, as well as anything else not covered in it's own section. They are all grouped into "Other" because the list would be ridiculously long if everything was accounted for separately, and you have no control over these items, as expected for a Football Manager.

But why has the 'Other' expenditure suddenly gone up so much?

I think the answers on this thread don't really answer the question nor are they definitive answers, only guesses. SI could give a more definitive answer.

I have the same staff on the same contracts.

I've scheduled a few home friendlies so there are no 'away' expenses.

A mouse over on 'Other' expenditures says it's for miscellaneous expenses such as advertising, travel, supplies etc.

My team has stayed at home so they have no travel expenses.

Supplies shouldn't suddenly get hugely high for no reason.

The only possibility I can think of is that my team has suddenly decided to advertise all over the U.K. for my home friendlies for my level 10 team.

Because the 'Other' expenses are so high it would be helpful to be able to specify exactly what they are.

If the expenses were a minor expense I wouldn't care but they are a very major expenses, far larger than any other expense.

Admin staff, cleaners, caterers etc. IT staff probably. Marketing people, corporate lawyers, accountants, dieticians the list goes on.

Think of any large company - think about what they produce or what service they provide. Now, think about how many people are involved in the physcial production, and how many are involved to do all the other bits and peices.

This is correct.

^member of SI staff ... see this thread

Even so, I'm not sure how my non-football costs total £38m a year with Sunderland. My 'other' expenses are relatively small in comparision at £5m a year.

Yeah I know that feeling, I paid £47m as Liverpool!!

edit: One of these days I'll learn to read properly, I didnt realise you had posted in that thread I quoted, sorry reflection22

*hangs head in shame*

None football costs are probably about right.

Man United had a document leaked this past week showing they paid £94M in expenses that were none football related over a 2 year period. To something like 300 companies it as well.

What is annoying me is that my ground in 2041 is about 10 years old and yet my ground maintenance is on course to be £30M this year and matchday expenses £20M!! That £50M is all the season ticket money gone (playing as United)

Archived