Paying over 48 months - how does it work?

so its great to buy players with the option to pay over monthly installments of 48 months..

but im not sure i get exactly how it works. do they all get paid automatically with installments every month or do you pay the lot after 48 months?

can you make extra contributions if you find yourself with a few million in the transfer kitty after the jan tfr window?

how do you keep track of all your financial obligations?

has anyone had it come back to bite them and ended up with a huge amount of various debts for various players and being unable to pay them?

cheers for any input.

but lets say i have 10mil left in my transfer kitty.

im fairly sure ive signed players with a 10mil up front payment and, say, another 10mil over 48 months.

if it were to deduct all the funds from the transfer kitty i would theoretically have negative 10 million.

thats why ive been wondering how it works because im sure there is money to be paid back and have no idea how this is accounted for.

If you buy a player for £8 million, £2 million will be deducted from your budget imediately.

This is to cover the first years payments. (remember that the signing fee also comes from your budget)

In theory, you will pay another £2 million for each of the next three years.

I have yet to play a game where this has had a detrimental affect on future transfer budgets or finances but I have not played two many lower league saves for any length of time yet, so in lower league teams with poor finances, it maybe a problem.

I have recently started a Lyon save. I had approx £8 mil transfer budget (I think) and sold a few players. I spent £106 million on players pre season. All spread over 48 months. I won the league and was given £28 million budget (I think) in my second season.

TBH, I think this option makes the game a little too easy in the short term.

Others may be better able to tell you the long term affects on your finances.

thanks rice.

well thats basically what ive been thinking myself.

it seems too easy to offer large sums over 48 months and with these being paid off each year, still getting a rather large tfr budget every year. i was under the impression the yearly transfer budget would be significantly lower to compensate for all these financial obligations.

IMO thats how it should work.

Any "monthly payment transfer" you make should have the years payments deducted from your tranfer budget each season...... AFTER the budget is announced.

That would add to the difficulty and realism for me.

Ive started a few saves where I do not use the 48 month payment thing, but the temptation is great :)

Archived