April Challenge - Almirante Brown

This is the fourth in a series of monthly challenges which will run for one calendar month and involve playing just one season with a chosen team. Anyone can take part as many times as they like. The aim is simple, just do as well as possible in your one season in charge.

A running medals table will be kept, with only the highest entry form each user being entered. The current table looks like this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Medals Leaderboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Username Gold Silver Bronze Challenges Played

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ridleys 1 1 0 2

NeoAC 1 0 0 1

ManU@oldtrafford 1 0 0 1

dafuge 0 1 0 2

minisav 0 1 0 2

CoachFlu 0 0 1 2

Jimbokav1971 0 0 1 1

G-Man11 0 0 1 1

Tom =) 0 0 1 1

migwar 0 0 0 1

Boskovic 0 0 0 1

Flashman's School Days 0 0 0 1

DodgeeD 0 0 0 1

bob66 0 0 0 1

Jonzii 0 0 0 1

OugaBagga 0 0 0 1

dublx 0 0 0 1</pre>

The Rules

Load a game with the Argentinian leagues only, a large database (or smaller if preferred) and the attribute masking and the transfer boxes ticked. No additional players from any nation should be loaded.

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you.

Add a manager with automatic past experience and Argentinian nationality only.

When you start the challenge, make sure you post a picture of your manager profile.

You may only sign players for whom you can obtain a scout or coach report for, this means you can only sign players from within your scouting restrictions or players who you can attract on trial to the club.

No external scouting utilities should be used and the database should be the official SI one with no non-graphical changes.

It is suggested that the 8.0.2 patch and database is used.

Exploiting the setting up of friendlies for reserve teams in order to make money is considered cheating.

Anything related to the challenge may be discussed in this thread, including players, tactics etc. Feel free to update as you want, I think a monthly update should be sufficient.

When you complete your season, post the following screenshots in your review:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI>League Tables

<LI>Squad

<LI>Transfer History

<LI>Finances Summary

Almirante Brown - suggested by markcator3006

Club Almirante Brown is an Argentine football club from Isidro Casanova in the Buenos Aires Province, currently playing in Primera B Nacional, the second tier of Argentine football.

The club were founded on 17 January 1922 with the name Centro Atlético y Recreativo Almirante Brown. They played in Primera B Nacional between the 1986-87 and 1997-98 season, reaching their highest ever league position in the 1991-92 season, when they finished 2nd in the table. They were within one game of gaining promotion to the Primera División, however they lost the playoff final to San Martín de Tucumán.

In May 2007 Almirante Brown became champions of the Primera B Metropolitana Clausura tournament by beating Estudiantes de Buenos Aires in the final, the fixture was marred by violence and Almirante Brown were forced to start the following season in B Nacional with -18 points as punishment.

Interestingly, they are not the only team in the league in this situation:

Nueva Chicago is an Argentine football club based out of the Mataderos barrio of Buenos Aires, which is also called Nueva Chicago.

The club played in the Primera Division Argentina during the 2006-2007 season, but they were relegated to Primera B Nacional after losing their promotion/relegation playoff against Club Atlético Tigre. The second leg of the playoff was marred by violence, The Nueva Chicago manager and players assaulted the referee after he awarded a penalty to Tigre. Following this altercation the Nueva Chicago supporters rioted, causing extensive damage to the Estadio Monumental de Victoria and the death of one Tigre supporter. The result of this was that Nueva Chicago were relegated and started the new season with an 18 point deduction*. Most Nueva Chicago fans decried the violence and lamented the death of the Cejas, the fan of Tigre. This was the first death ever related to a game of Nueva Chicago, and most fans are indignant that the violence of a few was not stopped by the police and club authorities and was even promoted by the coach at the time (Ramacciotti, who spend only a few games in Nueva Chicago and has no previous history in the club).

*deduction is 20 points in FM

The Expectations

The media prediction is 19th (Independiente Rivadavia are predicted to come last) and the board's expectation is that the club fights bravely against relegation. The real challenge here is to see how the club can compete with Nueva Chicago and to see if both clubs can avoid relegation.

This is the fourth in a series of monthly challenges which will run for one calendar month and involve playing just one season with a chosen team. Anyone can take part as many times as they like. The aim is simple, just do as well as possible in your one season in charge.

A running medals table will be kept, with only the highest entry form each user being entered. The current table looks like this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Medals Leaderboard

Username Gold Silver Bronze Challenges Played

ridleys 1 1 0 2

NeoAC 1 0 0 1

ManU@oldtrafford 1 0 0 1

dafuge 0 1 0 2

minisav 0 1 0 2

CoachFlu 0 0 1 2

Jimbokav1971 0 0 1 1

G-Man11 0 0 1 1

Tom =) 0 0 1 1

migwar 0 0 0 1

Boskovic 0 0 0 1

Flashman's School Days 0 0 0 1

DodgeeD 0 0 0 1

bob66 0 0 0 1

Jonzii 0 0 0 1

OugaBagga 0 0 0 1

dublx 0 0 0 1</pre>

The Rules

Load a game with the Argentinian leagues only, a large database (or smaller if preferred) and the attribute masking and the transfer boxes ticked. No additional players from any nation should be loaded.

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you.

Add a manager with automatic past experience and Argentinian nationality only.

When you start the challenge, make sure you post a picture of your manager profile.

You may only sign players for whom you can obtain a scout or coach report for, this means you can only sign players from within your scouting restrictions or players who you can attract on trial to the club.

No external scouting utilities should be used and the database should be the official SI one with no non-graphical changes.

It is suggested that the 8.0.2 patch and database is used.

Exploiting the setting up of friendlies for reserve teams in order to make money is considered cheating.

Anything related to the challenge may be discussed in this thread, including players, tactics etc. Feel free to update as you want, I think a monthly update should be sufficient.

When you complete your season, post the following screenshots in your review:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI>League Tables

<LI>Squad

<LI>Transfer History

<LI>Finances Summary

Almirante Brown - suggested by markcator3006

Club Almirante Brown is an Argentine football club from Isidro Casanova in the Buenos Aires Province, currently playing in Primera B Nacional, the second tier of Argentine football.

The club were founded on 17 January 1922 with the name Centro Atlético y Recreativo Almirante Brown. They played in Primera B Nacional between the 1986-87 and 1997-98 season, reaching their highest ever league position in the 1991-92 season, when they finished 2nd in the table. They were within one game of gaining promotion to the Primera División, however they lost the playoff final to San Martín de Tucumán.

In May 2007 Almirante Brown became champions of the Primera B Metropolitana Clausura tournament by beating Estudiantes de Buenos Aires in the final, the fixture was marred by violence and Almirante Brown were forced to start the following season in B Nacional with -18 points as punishment.

Interestingly, they are not the only team in the league in this situation:

Nueva Chicago is an Argentine football club based out of the Mataderos barrio of Buenos Aires, which is also called Nueva Chicago.

The club played in the Primera Division Argentina during the 2006-2007 season, but they were relegated to Primera B Nacional after losing their promotion/relegation playoff against Club Atlético Tigre. The second leg of the playoff was marred by violence, The Nueva Chicago manager and players assaulted the referee after he awarded a penalty to Tigre. Following this altercation the Nueva Chicago supporters rioted, causing extensive damage to the Estadio Monumental de Victoria and the death of one Tigre supporter. The result of this was that Nueva Chicago were relegated and started the new season with an 18 point deduction*. Most Nueva Chicago fans decried the violence and lamented the death of the Cejas, the fan of Tigre. This was the first death ever related to a game of Nueva Chicago, and most fans are indignant that the violence of a few was not stopped by the police and club authorities and was even promoted by the coach at the time (Ramacciotti, who spend only a few games in Nueva Chicago and has no previous history in the club).

*deduction is 20 points in FM

The Expectations

The media prediction is 19th (Independiente Rivadavia are predicted to come last) and the board's expectation is that the club fights bravely against relegation. The real challenge here is to see how the club can compete with Nueva Chicago and to see if both clubs can avoid relegation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by binobasher:

As nothing has been said, I'm guessing there are no rules on club affiliations and staff signings? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've done the same in looking for some scouts and a parent club, but I've got a 2nd save incase its not allowed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by binobasher:

As nothing has been said, I'm guessing there are no rules on club affiliations and staff signings? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those are completely up to you.

July 2007

First month involved getting in some coaches and scouts. I couldn't really find a good enough replacement for my assistant, and so, even though he is terrible, I have decided to keep him.

I brought in 2 new general coaches, a gk coach, and 2 scouts.

One scout is assigned to the Next Opponent and South America, the other to Argente Premier League and Uruguay (for now). I was under the impression I would be given scout reports for Next Opponent scouting but since this has not happened I have taken it upon myself to scout any players that shone out after playing against them. If this is against the rules I do apologise.

I then went on to set up a parent club and got landed with Lanus and was immediately asked to take two players. I cancelled these and then filtered through the team and sent my scouts out. Managed to get a player or two on loan through this. I had a few trialists come in, none of which were asked to stay on.

So far, after the Transfer Window closing, here are my signings.

My team has done pretty well in Preseason Friendlies so I won't be signing any more loans in the near future, however if things start to go bad this may change.

I have now taken my players off of Preseason training and put them into their relevant training routines. The season starts in 2 weeks and I'm hoping my Preseason prediction of a mid-table finish is an underestimate.

With no players brought into the club, I did infact sign 3 scouts.

A decent enough pre-season seen the team score 25 goals in 6 games, but also conceded 14 aswell.

1 of our strong centre backs got sent off in the first friendly against Olimpo for headbutting an opponent which would see him suspended for the first 5 games of the season.

We also lost our star player in the friendly against San Lorenzo reserves as Roman Diaz had suffered a torn calf muscle keeping him out of action for upto 4 months.

vs Ferro

First game of the season against Ferro who are predicted to finish mid-table. We managed to pick up the winner when our on loan star striker Matias Fischer headed in from a corner.

Another injury though see's striker Edilio out for between 2-3 months with a torn hamstring.

vs Quilmes

Quilmes were the next team to visit the Fragata Presidente Sarmiento stadium. and they dominated the game, resulting in them beating us 3-0.

vs Union

Our first away match of the season seen us face League favourites Union de Santa Fe. We lost the match 3-1 and also had our centre midfielder sent off which means he's suspended for the next 3 matches.

August Table

Having just finished our Pre-season I thought I'd post my profile in addition to the results of my 6 friendlies (all set up by the club and hence pre-arranged prior to my arrival)

Our first friendly was against San Miguel. Not knowing what team to select having little chance to review the squad I selected a random selection to see who would shine.

Friendly 1

From the result you can see one person certainly shone for the team. Additionally several of the team were rated at 8 or above. Unfortunately I lost one player to a red card.

Our second friendly came quick on the back of the first game. This game was away to Sarmiento. Again I suffered from a card happy referee, although on 88 minutes it did little to alter the result of the game.

Friendly 2

Our third friendly, again following on quickly from the 2nd game saw the lads take on Estudiantes of Buenos Aires. A poor game with the manager testing his formation for potential Gung Ho and All Hands On Deck tactics. Back to the drawing board me thinks!

Friendly 3

Our 4th friendly saw us play at home and a vociferous crowd of 82 missed a goal fest.

Friendly 4

A rare feat of two people scoring a hattrick, one of which was a centre back. I'd like to point out that only one was a header from a corner!

Our 5th friendly saw us one again on our travels. We were playing Brown and another hattrick from Demus (3rd hattrick in pre season) saw us run out 4-0 winners

Friendly 5

Our last friendly, following on from the loss of star striker Robert Demus, saw us take on the might of Cipoloetti.

Friendly 6

Another win was secured gearing us up for our opening league game.

Overall for the friendlies we have managed to achieve a P6 W4 L2 F25 A12 record. Several players have stood out, notibly Demus up front, new signing Fuentes at the back and Tosi in midfield providing the creative spark.

Friendly Stats

I've now played my first league game but I'll save these results for a quick monthly round up.

Definately struggling with injuries early on inthe season. Both my CB's are our, in addition to my star striker. Also, my right winger has just limped off.

I'm glad I sacked the physio that was there at the start of the game

Manager of the Month Award for Lowe

Alirante Brown's James Lowe has won the Argentinian Second Division Manager of the Month Award.

The award panel made there decision after the La Fragata boss guided his team to victory in all three of their games this month.

Def y Justica at Home W 2v1

Ben Hur at Home W 3v2

Talleres Away W 4v2

Transfers

Silvio Dulcich from Talleres for £1k

Mareclo Rios from Santmarina for £3k

Enrique Bologna from Banfield for £1k

Ivan Lezcano from Estudiantes(LP) for £1k

Eduardo Talarico from Banfield for £1k

Ramon Rosales from Douglas for £1k

Total Spend £8k

Edilio sold to Operario(MT) on a Free.

League Position

19th P3 W3 D0 L0 F9 A5 +4 Pts. -9

Played a few more games, managed to get a few wins aswell including an unbeaten October icon_eek.gif.

In the 12 games that have gone so far I've only kept 3 clean sheets icon_frown.gif

vs San Martin (T)

This was possibly the most boring game that I'd played. 3 Shots on target in the whole game and all 3 went in.

Another sending off for my team resulted in my player missing 3 games which further reduced my squad size.

Also unlucky with conceding a last minute goal.

vs Belgrano

At home to 1 of the teams chasing promotion next, and after taking a 2-0 half time lead I thought I had the game sewn up. How wrong I was as Belgrano scored 3 goals in the space of 19 miuntes but I managed to pull a goal back to salvage a draw.

vs C.A.I de Chubut

Another game in which all my oppositions shot's turned into goals, I dominated possession but couldnt find another goal to secure a point.

vs Aldosivi

Currently the highest scoring game in the division so far, with 25 shots on goal in the game, 7 of them resulted in goals.

I managed to grab a last minute winner to get my first win since the opening game of the season.

Also the start of my unbeaten run.

vs Ben Hur

Away to another team that will be hoping to avoid relegation this season. 6 goals in this game, 3 each from both sides. Edges us closer to getting away from the negative points total.

vs Tiro Federal

Another win for Almirante Brown, this time against Tiro Federal. This game finished 1-0 and my first clean sheet kept since first game of season.

vs Independiente Rivadavia

Away to the team who the media predict will finish bottom this season.

After us going 1-0 up, Independiente were reduced to 10 men after Paredes elbowed my striker Demus. We went 2-0 up soon after, but Independiente pulled a goal back in the 2nd half. Finished 2-1.

vs Nueva Chicago

Next game was against another team who were heavily deducted points at the start of the season. We took a shock 1-0 lead midway through the 2nd half with our only shot on target throughout the game. Nueva Chicago equalised 10 minutes later and the game finished 1-1, which was harsh on Nueva as they dominated the game from start to finish and really should of thrashed us.

vs Instituto

Our final game of October seen us face off against Instituto, who have yet to win a game so far this season.

We took a 1-0 lead midway through the first half and then doubled the advantage on 60 minutes.

This win takes us out of the negative points mark and puts us on 0 points.

Table end of October

Pre Season

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Almirante Brown 1-5 Huracan

Almirante Brown 1-5 Independiente

Temperley 2-1 Almirante Brown

Argentino ® 4-1 Almirante Brown

Almirante Brown 2-3 San Martin (SJ)

Almirante Brown 4-1 Tristan Suarez</pre>

A mixed bag of results but at least we are scoring goals.

It's been pretty quiet transfer window, I've brought in some new staff but I just can't seem to find any players who are better than the ones I already have. The only signings so far are a backup left back and a couple of loan signings from my parent club, Estudiantes (LP), I'll have to wait and see if nay of them are going to feature in the first team.

July:

Flandria (A) won 2-1 (Friendly)

Douglas (A) won 4-2 (Friendly)

Italiano (H) drew 2-2 (Friendly)

Arsenal de Sarandi (H) drew 1-1 (Friendly)

Boca Reserves (H) won 1-0 (Friendly)

Nice to get through Pre-Season unbeaten. Roberto Demus is looking very good, scoring four gols in the five friendlies played.

August:

... can't edit posts, how strange. Anyway, where was i?...

August:

Instituto (H) won 2-0

Easy win to start off with.

C.A.I. de Chubut (A) won 2-1

A good away win.

Union (H) drew 3-3

Down to ten men but came back from 3-1 down thanks to two late goals from Demus.

Current Postition 19th. -11Pts.

It's harder than I thought.

Changed all my staff, got linked to Racing, had some players on loan but no one extraordinary...

Had just one victory and six loss for this two first months of competition...

I'm 19th with -15 pts... Hurray !!!

September:

Almagro (A) won 2-1

Not as close as the scoreline suggested.

Rafaela (H) won 6-0

Awesome display by Demus who got four goals.

Talleres (A) lost 4-3

Two goals from Demus weren't enough.

Ben Hur (H) won 3-2

Back to winning ways.

Godoy Cruz (A) lost 2-1

Poor finishing cost us this close game.

Current Position 19th. -2 Pts.

October:

Platense (H) won 3-1

Comfortable win.

San Martin (A) won 3-2

Fortunate to win this very close game.

Def. y Justicia (H) won 4-1

Another good team performance.

Tiro Federal (A) lost 2-1

Our good run comes to an end with this close game.

Awards: Argentinian 2nd Division Player of the Month - Roberto Demus.

Current Position 16th. 7Pts.

November:

Ferro (A) drew 3-3

3-0 down at half time, threw everything at them & Demus delivered with 2 goals & an assist.

Quilmes (H) won 3-2

Pretty comfortable win.

Aldosivi (A) lost 1-0

Down to ten men & had a goal disallowed.

Nueva Chicago (A) won 2-1

A game we controlled from the start.

Belgrano (H) won 2-1

A good win against 1st placed Belgrano who were down to ten men.

Current Position 14th. 17 Pts.

Half Way Table

Finances

Transfers

February:

Instituto (A) lost 4-2

A poor performance.

C.A.I. de Chubut (H) drew 1-1

Looked very sluggish.

Union (A) lost 1-0

Lucky not to have lost by more.

Current Position 15th. 24Pts.

March:

Almagro (H) drew 3-3

3-0 up at half time then we threw the game away.

Rafaela (A) won 2-1

Dominated possession, good win.

Talleres (H) drew 2-2

Nearly threw this game away.

Ben Hur (A) won 2-1

Dramatic late winner from Demus.

Godoy Cruz (H) 3-3

A tough game.

Awards: 2nd Division Player of the Month-Roberto Demus.

Current Position 11th 33Pts.

April:

Platense (A) won 2-1

Should have won by more. Lost Roberto Demus to injury.

San Martin(H) drew 1-1

Dull.

Def. y Justicia (A) drew 0-0

Duller.

Tiro Federal (H) won 2-1

Total fluke free kick in the 92nd minute won us this game.

Current Position 11th. 41Pts.

May:

Ferro (H) won 1-0

Close game against the league leaders.

Quilmes (A) drew 1-1

Good result against another top 5 team.

Aldosivi (H) lost 2-0

Poor display against fourth placed Aldosivi.

Nueva Chicago (H) lost 3-1

No comment. Demus's finishing has sorely been missed.

Current Positon 10th. 45Pts.

June:

Chacarita (A) lost 3-2

Poor finishing let us down again.

Independiente Rivadavia (H) won 3-1

Demus returned and helped us end the season with a win.

Final Position 9th. 48Pts.

Awards: 2nd Division Top Goalscorer - Roberto Demus. 31 Apps 36 Goals.

Finances

Squad

Transfers

Final Table

Archived