[FM10] Tottenham- reliving the glory years.

mista T

(pictures up soon)

So far on this FM10 career save, I have won 5 premier league titles back to back, the season before this I came runner-up, have won the Champions league and reached the semi-finals twice. I have also won 1 FA cup and got to a League cup final.

I am nowhere near the best manager kicking around here. If any I'd give that title to Nep. However, I did manage to complete a feat that Ramsey only could manage. I won the World Cup with England.

I made some inspired signings, and some completely bewildering ones. This is the longest and most succesful career save I have ever had on the Football Manager series, apart from the Albert Foundry career which spanned 2 decades. However, I count this as my longest most succesful save, as I won nothing of note in the other save.

Season 1: obscurity 2009/2010

In my first season in charge of the club, I managed what any manager could do with the squad I inherited: I came 5th in the league. The top four remained the same which peeved me slightly as I was fourth until the last few games.

Manchester city managed to win the league in this season, which is quite funny as they have never done it again. My best signing was undoubtedly Rafael Van Der Vaart, who scored 13 league goals and assisted 18 in his opening season. Despite only playing for a couple of seasons before being outsourced by other players, he is still a Fan Favourite to this day.

Luka Modric showed signs of doing well, but playing on the left wing limited his goals tally, and he ended up with 13 goals and 13 assists, a good tally if anything.

I really didn't settle on one striker and so had no settled goalscorer to fill in the lone striker role I had open.

Season 2: To the european stage 2010/2011

This season was a bad one, admittedly. I really should have won the league, but Liverpool stole the laurels from me in the third from last game of the season with a win against us which put them top. I made a truly inspired signing, however, bringing Artem Milevskyi to the club for 6.5 million. In his debut season, he managed to score 25 goals and assist 9 in the league in a modest 32 appearances, a wonderful tally for him to have. Modric's worst season, however, scoring a modest total of 6 league goals and assisting 14. I also bought Dodo and Iker Muniain this season, however neither shined to this day. Aaron Lennon pulled a good season off, 11 goals and 15 assists his total. Nothing really to boast about apart from qualification to the Champions League.

Season 3: Domestic glory 2011/2012

Well, this was a cracker of a season. All of my players performed to the best of their abilities, Milevskyi scoring 24 and assisting 6, Lennon scoring 11 and assisting 16, Modric scoring an incredible 16 goals and assisting 12. I made some inspired signings this season, bringing in Miguel Veloso and Luis Suarez for a combined fee of 31.5m. Although Veloso didn't shine particularly, Suarez was excellent and got 11 goals and 13 assists from his less preferred position of AML (inside fwd). In the end I won the league by 5 points, closely running man utd in 2nd.

Season 4: Continuing the trend 2012/2013

Good news, the world didn't end.

I spent 31.5M bringing Nicolas Otamendi to the club, and it was truly a good decision looking back on it now. I really needed a partner for Sebastien Bassong, who was playing beside players only good enough for the Bench. Modric grabbed an incredible 18 league goals and followed it up with 12 assists, Milevskyi grabbed an insane 34 league goals in as many games, also chipping in with 14 assists. It was his best season of all time for the club, and he justly finished as top goalscorer in the league and won the golden boot. Aaron Lennon scored a modest sum of 5 goals, but the 23 assists he chipped in with more than justified that. Suarez had a bad season, only managing 7 goals and 8 assists.

Season 5: going through the motions 2013/2014

Another season, another title. We were clear of Chelski by 5 points at the end of the season, with a G.D of 48. Milevskyi had his last great season with 38 caps, 28 goals and 10 assists. Luka was immense again with 38 apps, 11 goals and 15 assists. Suarez was alright with 31 apps, 11 goals and 6 assists. Lennon a fine season with 38 apps, 6 goals and 11 assists.

Transfers. We didn't go silly, only spent £55M (that may seem alot, but we raked in £34.5M and in future seasons I really WILL go crazy...) on an amazing regen called Chris Lemaitre, Jesus Gamez, a regen called Juan Angel and Fabio of Man USA.

Archived