Suggestion: Ultimatum to keep player

There doesn't seem to be a suggestion forum, so I'm just posting this here in the general discussion. If this should be in a different section, any mod should feel free to move this.

Anyway, I'm currently having the problem that my chairman accepts bids for my best keeper without consulting me, and I'm sure many others have experienced the same. I guess I could have posted this in the bug forum, because the strange thing is that I am qualified for the Europa Leauge so I don't really need the money, and the bids are less than 10M£. I promoted the season before I qualified for the Europa League, so I'm still not the biggest club out there, but I don't have any money problems, so I still find it odd.

Anyway, my suggestion is too add the option to issue an ultimatum in a situation like this. In other words, you tell the board of directors 'Either we keep this player, or I leave'. There are options for ultimatums in other situations, so I think there should be one in these situations as well.

Please let me know what you think.

How many managers walk out after a player is sold? besides maybe Keegan. How many AI clubs gives a **** if you left anyway?

Benítez recently said that he'd walk if Torres was sold. They're both still there. Even if it doesn't happen too often (it certainly does happen now and then), I'd still like the option. And since I promoted twice with this club in as many seasons, you'd think they'd want to keep me. If not, then maybe that should be fixed as well.

Like the idea.

Foes anyone know if AI clubs pay compensation when sacking managers, because surely that would only make your ulitimatum stronger if you have just signed a 5 year deal, more so in lower leagues as the financial burden would be harder to swallow.

This would be great, it would really make your argument stronger. It's probably the only reason that the yanks can't sack Rafa. Right now, I could really use this option, since the idiots in the board room are trying to sell my best keeper for pocket change. I simply can't do this since I recently sold my second keeper to free up a non-EU spot. It's really annoying, as I don't need the money at all, I've much more use for a good keeper. They're not even selling him to a good club. First it was Lille, and now it is Panathinaikos, for approx a 8,5M£ fee.

Archived