Want to get a long game going, no motivation!

Does this happen to anyone else, been playing manager games since the first Championship Manager from mid 90's, but this years game i just cant seem to get into it!

Its an amazing game, i love it, but i seemed to have managed around 20 different clubs already, all different divisons from Serie C1, Blue Square North to J-League, Brazil top flight and argentinian lower divisions, but i just can not get into it! :(

Always end up starting a new game 1-2 seasons in, its not that im not doing well or its too easy, just it seems to be boring me! I want to get right into it, like im FM2008 i took over HSV and restored the clubs European stature getting all the way to 2030+ with around 10 champions league titles (7 in a row)!

But am i just naturally got bored of the game? Is that it for me? :(

Anybody got any really exciting games to play - which team/division?

I usually am not bothered which division aslong as its not a complete top club, i like to take a club and completely concentrate on the youth, Wenger style.

Any ideas?

Try Lyon.

They have a very good first team squad, good finances and 3/4 excellent youth prospects with very high PA.

Also, the French seem to have just about the best youth players in FM10 if you dont include the obvious South Americans. So you should be able to buy up great French prospects and develop them.... No home grown issues.

I have the same problem as you tbh. I have about 15 diferent saves of varying levels.... Taking West Ham into their 5th season is my longest so far :)

Here is my experiences and suggestions:

I played 3 games on FM10:

Notts County: It was fun but I started it on the demo and converted it to the full so I quit because I had a small DB which was ruining the game.

Bayern Muinich: My favorite team....but it was an awful game. I don't like FM10 in the higher leagues too many long shots and IMO the match engine sucks when using high quality clubs.

Dafuge: I went to this challenge and I have been the game 24x7 non-stop since. I have never tried Dafuge's challenge but it is tons of fun once you get your club going and get promoted through the leagues. Try it out.....great fun.

Archived