bought a loaned player and...

tak

I got a player on loan and after 6 months I made an offer to sign him. His team accepted, he accepted and then he was my player. Guess what. The game is treating him as someone who just came in. I got the stupid press conference where I had to answer what impact he would have on the team, the fans are "reserved" until he shows what he can do etc.

How can the programmers be sooo lazy? It's a simple thing FFS!

Why do people get mad over little overlookings? There are more important things that need fixing then this. Surely?

Its not a simple oversight. loan deals would/should be tested and this should have been flagged as a issue. Paying customers feel like beta testers for SI which isnt right

I got the stupid press conference where I had to answer what impact he would have on the team, the fans are "reserved" until he shows what he can do etc.

How can the programmers be sooo lazy? It's a simple thing FFS!

You get the option of having a press conference or not so its your own fault that you had to go to one not anyone at SI. If you think that programming is easy then why not have a go at doing a management game of your own.

You get the option of having a press conference or not so its your own fault that you had to go to one not anyone at SI. If you think that programming is easy then why not have a go at doing a management game of your own.

Er, no, that's not quite right. I'm not defending the OP's assertion that it's a simple fix, but if it is a bug then it's definitely not the OP's fault, and your assertion that it is is somewhat baffling tbh.

@tak: could you post this in the Bugs Forum please for the SI chaps to have a look at? Ta.

I just realised that the player shows that he has played zero games for my team! He has no average rating or anything like that FFS! I have a simple question: How long does testing lasts before release? 3 hours? WTF!

As for the smart people that suggested that I make my own game, I suggest that next time your car brakes down you build your own...

I just realised that the player shows that he has played zero games for my team! He has no average rating or anything like that FFS! I have a simple question: How long does testing lasts before release? 3 hours? WTF!

As for the smart people that suggested that I make my own game, I suggest that next time your car brakes down you build your own...

Cool, so, any chance of logging this in the Bugs Forum?

Right, let's get one thing clear: the OP has every right to highlight something he believes is an issue. Comments from Scalamunger and brigadier are not helpful at all.

I don't agree with tak's comment that the programmers were lazy because this has happened, but that doesn't mean we should be as churlish in our replies as some of us have been.

Tak, please raise this in the bugs forum if you feel it is a bug.

Just because i don't complain about minor things doesn't mean i'm a fanboy. Just means i'm not neurotic.

They've asked him to log the bug for fixing so it isnt neurotic. Just because it isnt about the match engine or something complex doesnt mean it shouldnt **** you off. He's paid his money for a product that has fallen down on the small, simple aspects of the game thats suppose to be a simulation and no it isnt acceptable for them to be overlooked just for the testers to spend more time scratching their head at other issues. at least its a straight forward fix that would be done in minutes rather than something that could take up all their time and not fixed.

brigadier, your opinion is that this thing is minor. My opinion is that it shows little attention to detail, little care for the customer and, in general, little regard for quality. Basically, you are a fanboy and I am a demanding customer.

Gills, it is not a bug so I will not raise it. It is lack of professionalism so I will just voice my disgust.

They've asked him to log the bug for fixing so it isnt neurotic. Just because it isnt about the match engine or something complex doesnt mean it shouldnt **** you off. He's paid his money for a product that has fallen down on the small, simple aspects of the game thats suppose to be a simulation and no it isnt acceptable for them to be overlooked just for the testers to spend more time scratching their head at other issues. at least its a straight forward fix that would be done in minutes rather than something that could take up all their time and not fixed.

I have absolutely no problem with people highlighting an issue to the programmers, in fact I endorse it. Just not by throwing their dummies out of the pram and getting anrgy over it. Especially if it doesn't actually do anything to harm the game's actually playability.

And nowadays, being neurotic is to have excessive anxiety and emotional upset over something. Sounds pretty neurotic to me.

I have absolutely no problem with people highlighting an issue to the programmers, in fact I endorse it. Just not by throwing their dummies out of the pram and getting anrgy over it. Especially if it doesn't actually do anything to harm the game's actually playability.

And nowadays, being neurotic is to have excessive anxiety and emotional upset over something. Sounds pretty neurotic to me.

I think its more the case of the straw that broke the camel's back. This reminds me of this bug somehow

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=172014

Constantly small, niggly things that eventually just get to you.

Those bugs should never have made it into a production version of the game. Its a complex game but those are basic oversights for a testing team, they really are and when you pay money and only to see that the makers havent gotten the basics and simple things right, you feel let down and that the developers dont care that much about what they try to sell to you. Thats all.

In the game's hints it says that it takes time for a new player to gel with his teamates and this is something we all have seen on the game. Furthermore, if a few new players come in the team, it gets unbalanced and it takes time to find itself again.

If a player is seen as new he will firstly not be performing as he has been and secondly he will upset the team.

So, brigadier, that "small" thing as you call it has the potential to ruin my save.

You are obviously the type who accepts flaws in products and that is your prerogative. I am more demanding.

this perhaps should have been noticed in testing but the fact that it hasnt effects game play not one bit, so you read 1 line of text that you dislike and say the programmers are lazy because of it? Get Real, its not going to ruin your save unless your are so poor at the game that you make it run ur game, everything is exactly the same now as to when he was on loan, jusdt forget about it and carry on with the game and dont be throwing toys out ur pram for an issue that barely qualifies as an issue neverlone somethng that needs spending time to fix, there are other more important features than that of a loan playe rbeing classed as a new signing, which technically his is

You are obviously the type who accepts flaws in products and that is your prerogative.

No. I just find that there are more important and pressing things in life to worry about than some minor issue in a video game i play casually.

If a player is seen as new he will firstly not be performing as he has been and secondly he will upset the team.

So, brigadier, that "small" thing as you call it has the potential to ruin my save.

Don't be silly. One player underperforming will not ruin your save. It happens... players play well, players play bad. Deal with it. He must have played well before for you so why shouldn't he now?

I am more demanding.

It's life, get used to it.

I'm just going to throw this into the mixer, hasn't this "bug" existed throughout the series. I am playing CM 01-02 right now, same problem, so I must admit that this issue hasn't been raised before. I assume it happened in the prior FM releases. Supporting GillsMan concepts of people shouldn't victimise a paying customer, but however, the original poster in my opinion can understand his phrases used can be taken as a tad be incredulous. We're all friends here aren't we?

brigadier, your opinion is that this thing is minor. My opinion is that it shows little attention to detail, little care for the customer and, in general, little regard for quality. Basically, you are a fanboy and I am a demanding customer.

Gills, it is not a bug so I will not raise it. It is lack of professionalism so I will just voice my disgust.

:rolleyes: Working with software development myself I can tell you that there are hundreds of times when we'll test something and hand it to the UAT to test and they'll notice something we don't. It's just how software developoment works.

You clearly feel it's a problem - it's a shame you won't log this in the bugs forum.

Tak, unless you are a part of the testing or development process and actually know what goes on, you really shouldn't go accusing people of laziness. You have every right to be annoyed at the bug and express that annoyance, but making it personal just brings out arguements and counter-insults.

As for the bug itself, perhaps it was noticed and given a back seat to a bigger issue? Perhaps it wasn't noticed because of a bigger problem surrounding loans and/or transfers. Or (most likely) perhaps there was no bug to start with, but there was another problem that was reported in testing, but fixing that had a knock-on effect to this area of the game. So the original problem was rectified and re-tested before release, yet this next area that you have reported was missed due to time constraints. I'm speculating, of course, but they are possibilities to consider before having a go at hard-working folk.

I'm reminded of the problem in FM08 regarding the difficulty in scoring from corners. The problem, I seem to remember, was that GKs were obscenely good at collecting crosses (apologies if I'm wrong on that - do correct me if you think it necessary). To fix this, their ability in this area was toned down, but resulted in the human user being able to exploit it by enabling "the corner bug" which further resulted in another explosion of outrage on the forums, accusing SI of being lazy, unprofessional, of testers missing unforgivable errors. Especially when the exploit followed the game into FM09.

You can say a bug is 'blatant' or 'obvious' all you like (and you ARE right in this instance) but you have absolutely no clue a) what caused the bug or b) how much work SI put into the game . The fact you refuse to report it as a bug shows you are more interested in pointing out flaws and getting all outraged than getting the game working as you would like it. And before anyone points out that paying customers are not beta testers, to borrow an analagy, if your car breaks down and you don't report the fault, how will it get fixed?

But since you refuse to provide SI with what they need, perhaps other users out there have experienced this "bug"? Anyone? Or is it an isolated incident that couldn't have been spotted in QA testing?

When I get home tonight I'll certainly try this out, and if it occurs on my game too it will demonstrate that it is a consistant bug (as opposed to one isolated incident, which doesn't seem likely) and will happily upload a game for SI to look at.

I, too, expect a decent game for my money. But I accept that developers and testers are human and therefore flawed. That does not in any way make me a fan boy.

I'm sure the player in question will have gelled with the squad anyway if he has been there a while, it shouldn't be much of a problem to be honest.

And by not reporting this so they can have a chance at fixing it, you are worse than any of the people you have accused of being lazy, incompetent or whatever.

This game is about details. I wouldn't shout at anybody sharing their thoughts about the game like this.

This game is about details

You and Tak are both correct about this. I don't want to sound like I'm telling him to shut up. Everyone with a problem with the game has a right to express that problem.

I'm just suggesting all the outraged posters take a deep breath and think about the how much work all these details, these millions of lines of code, take. SI could take five years off to develop the next installment and there will still be bugs. Assuming laziness or unprofessionalism is just, well, lazy in itself.

If anyone out there is angry about a bug or an aspect of the game that could (should?) be improved, then it is essential to let SI know about it in as thorough a way as possible. No amount of testing will cover every single bug, for reasons I have already outlined.

Look lads, I respect any employee working hard and indeed I should correct myself and say that it is not a matter of employees' laziness but one of organisational culture. They upper management don't care that much about those details. The company's attitude is lazy.

I don't care if my tone was harsh or if that harsh tone will not help fixing the problem. I presume I am free to express anger in these forums?

This has been a problem for all the FM series? I certainly remember it in FM08 and 09, basically when fans confidence and press conferences were implemented. Fans would judge you yet again when you actually sign him. Sure its annoying, but try not to over-react, I'm pretty sure it won't destroy your game.

Not every bug gets spotted. This can be due to a number of reasons such as what backpackant said above. Certainly nothing to do with with SI or testers being lazy. There're loads of small details that are picked up on in testing that SI miss and there'll be some that both testers and SI miss or some that are spotted but can't be fixed in time for release. Sign up to test then since apparently you're so sure you'd do an awesome job. Take it easy. :)

Archived