You complete me...

Hi there

This is my 1st ever post on a forum. I did not even know it was available and if I am being honest I am glad I have not discovered it till now!

I have purchased and played every game in the championship manager series till the split and then Football manager afterwards. It has cost me many relationships over the years but I am still addicted to it as if it was day 1( True love indeed) It is the only "game" I purchase( Well Im middle aged now and FM is not a game in my eyes) and I speak about it down the pub as if it is the wife!

The reason I came onto the forum was I was at the fm website to download the update and seen the link. After reading the forum messages I felt like someone had just told me my wife was sh*gging the milkman. I have a decade of experience and of course we have had our ups n downs along the way but I can honestly say that year after year the developers never fail to deliver. I cannot believe the problems people are experiencing but would like to think that the majority are playing, like myself, with no issues to mention. That is not to say there is never any issues but the game( its not really a game) is so diverse then some will find issues along the way. An example of this is a friend who I introduced to the wonderful world of FM who informed me that in season 2023 he scouted a player to find that instead of a written scout report he recieved a numbered scout report that made no sense!

All I am trying to say is that in my eyes, mind and heart, FM and the developers are doing a fantastic job. Thank you for the many years enjoyment you have giving me and long may it continue. To those that do experience any issues I hope that they are resolved to your satisfaction in future updates.

PS. The thread title is corny for sure but Jerry Maguire was on and it fits perfectly with my thoughts on FM.

Well said. And welcome to the forums :thup:

*I might also add that I never really notice any issues, only AFTER they are brought up on here by others. I don't look for faults, I always look on the bright side.

Exactly the same. Sometimes i dont even notice issues even after they have been highlighted :D

Welocome to the darksdie OP :thup:

Welcome- the forums are a place of extremes sometimes. As you said, there are tens of thousands of people who are happily playing the game without issues. Those who do have issues do tend to visit and air their views, quite rightly. Consequently those who dont have issues rush to defend the game and it can appear to be a polarised community. All reasonable and constructive discussion is welcomed but be prepared to be told how bad the game is as well:)

Well said the OP tbf.

There's really not that much wrong, and most of patch 2 looks to be tweaks rather than fixes of any major gamebreaker, despite the hysterical manner in which people keep quoting SI's 'to do list' as if it somehow confirms a broken game.

Sure, there's a memory issue on certain configurations, but that's got more to do with system config thatn SI. Credit to Neil Brock for taking the time to help as many people as he seems to be, 'cos in fairness, testing infinite system configurations is hardly SI's issue.

I see these config issues all over boards at Ubisoft, EA, Rockstar and other Sega games, it's a minority, an upset minority, but ultimately - just a minority.

It's high time that General Discussion became general discussion, and all the moaning threads were packed off into the bugs forum for assesment in there, at least that way the game could be discussed without attention seeking tantrum threads every 5 minutes from CM fanboys with 5 negative posts and a minimal profile.

For the record, I only had crash dumps whilst trying use FMRTE change kit colours. Had absolutely non since starting a new game and not meddling.

Glad to see somebody make a post about enjoying the game. Not enough of them imo. :thup:

Never experienced any of the bugs people have mentioned either.

It'll probably be closed as it 'serves no purpose' :rolleyes:

We need an FM love-in! :D

Steady on there Indi75 :D

I just find it odd that FM-praising threads are normally closed/die out very quickly, whereas bashing threads go on for pages and pages...

We need a pro-FM thread to brighten up the GD forum. One without any real subject, just some FM love.

Its kinda hard not to notice a fault when your game crashes every few hours

Must admit though, this is the first time I've ever had a FM game that I consider unplayable!

I wonder if this is more to do with peoples PCs than the game being unplayable, I haven't had one crash in any CM/FM series, not one so that suggests the game is playable.

Are you trying to do more with your game than your computer can handle? Are you playing with an edited database?

I can't believe so many people are having crashes, without it being something they are doing.

It's not that big a proportion though, however if they sell 250,000 copies and 5% get crash dumps thats 12,500 seriously upset people even if only a fraction of them come on here. If you have a problem you are more likely to come on here as well, unlike the OP who has had many years of pleasure and never needed this place.

Well said that man. AFAIK FM ships about half a million copies and maybe 500 people come on here and complain. That probably averages out to about 4000 people who buy it. Thats less than 1% of sales. Suggests it isn't as bugged as some people would have us believe.

The crashing I can get around, partly because I understand it is also to do with the number of leagues I run (though I ran the same amount in 09 with no problems so their not completely out of the woods). The problem I can't get around, and that I really do feel is a major blunder, is the problems with leagues not working.

When you have spent a few weeks running through a season only to find that the play off do not schedule and you can not continue it tends to lead to frustration.

That is my issue. I have no problems with the match engine and I fully believe it is the best yet. Same for the GUI and the new stadiums.

I just want to be able to continue a game I have started without running in to niggling little issues such as fixtures not processing. I honestly believe it is a bug that shouldn't happen if the game is tested to an acceptable level. Then, of course, I have to wait till the enxt patch to get a fix so that I can carry on.

It's put me right off the game this year.

I do agree some people go too far in their slagging off of the game.

Archived