Tutoring/mentoring a player - why?

I don't know what benefits a young player gets from being tutored, so could anyone help me on that?

Also what determines who should be a mentor for a young player?

Thanks guys.

They teach them their PPM's aswell has having an affect on their personality/hidden stats like professionalism if I remember correctly.

The biggest reason for me: the Determination attribute

But yeah, also hidden attributes like Professionalism (as HunkOfJunk mentioned)

It can also help raise the CA quicker, making the player develop at a faster rate than he would if he wasn't tutored

To pick a mentor, go into the mentee's personal page, if he is "a similar player to x" pick x, if he likes x pick x. If neither of these appear, or if the player he likes is unpickable (e.g. a strilker tutoring a goalie), pick a player wh has high mental stats (personally I go for high determination, team work and work rate).

In addition to HunkOfJunk's post the visible mental stats will also be affected.

The three options basically deal with the amount of time the relationship will last. See taics and training forum for more details.

If the tutoring is successful there is an added bonus, the two players will love each other, and you. I successfully turned Barcelona into one giant love-fest through a massive mentorship programme.

Archived