250k In Debt With Bognor Regis.

As The Title Says..Im 250k In Debt With Bognor Regis(Blue Square South)

But The Thing That Confuses Me Is That This Debt Just Keeps Getting Worse And Worse And Its Not As Though Im Doing That Bad icon_mad.gif

First Season..I Come 6th, Missing Out On Play-Offs By 1 Single Point!I Also Done Really Well In F.a Cup Reaching 1st Round!

Second Season..Come 5th Getting Knocked Out By Bishops Stortford In Play-Off Semi Final!

Third Season..

Currently 20 Games In And Am Lying Comfotbaly In 4th Place...

I Have Spent £0 On Transfer And Havent Gone Mad With Wages! icon_frown.gif

Any Thoughts On Why This Is Happening?!

Thanks..

As The Title Says..Im 250k In Debt With Bognor Regis(Blue Square South)

But The Thing That Confuses Me Is That This Debt Just Keeps Getting Worse And Worse And Its Not As Though Im Doing That Bad icon_mad.gif

First Season..I Come 6th, Missing Out On Play-Offs By 1 Single Point!I Also Done Really Well In F.a Cup Reaching 1st Round!

Second Season..Come 5th Getting Knocked Out By Bishops Stortford In Play-Off Semi Final!

Third Season..

Currently 20 Games In And Am Lying Comfotbaly In 4th Place...

I Have Spent £0 On Transfer And Havent Gone Mad With Wages! icon_frown.gif

Any Thoughts On Why This Is Happening?!

Thanks..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gcormack:

why do people insist on typing with a capital at the start of each word? it makes it horrible to read icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I apoligize icon14.gif

As long as your meeting club expextations ( league positions etc ) it is unlikely that you will be sacked. However if the finances get much worse it may activate a board takeover - and if that happens there is a chance they will want to bring in a new manager themselves.

How to Post a Screenshot

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

<LI> Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

<LI> Save the file as a JPEG

<LI> Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

<LI> Post the direct Url to the image here.

I'm about £650k balance in the BSP, £120k from transfers, and have achieved pretty similar if not worse results to you. So I don't think I can help you, really. Just keep performing well is all that I can say.

If your gate receipts don't cover enough of your wages you need to cull your squad.

Try renegotiating some contracts. You might be able to shift some wages into appearance based bonuses, particularly for players who are on the fringe.

If you're not playing by strict realism rules then go for as many loan signings as you can get, in particular look for a feeder club as players from there will be more willing to join you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagicDaz:

icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What have you and Bognor done now?

Trying to arrange some friendlies against the bigger premiership or european teams normally helps with the finances. I did this with Dundee once and made 3 million from just playing friendlies. Trying to get a parent team will also help.

I feel your pain. I took over Bognor Regis in FM07 and found I had a hard time making any money, despite staying below the wage cap and fielding a solid, competitive team. The one solution I found that kept me afloat (it didn't make me profitable, but kept me from getting too deep in debt) was to schedule at least two friendlies in the preseason against Real Madrid's "B" team, Castilla. It filled the stadium, and brought in about 35k per friendly, which is usually enough to completely pay for a month's worth of expenses and wages. The plan would work better if they had a larger stadium, but alas, no such luck.

Another way to save money: try to minimize the number of coaches/scouts you have, and maximize the number of player/coaches you have, especially if you can find a good player who is only 31 or 32 with decent coaching attributes-- he'll be able to play regularily for you, as well as handle training, which ought to cut down on costs, as you won't be employing both a player *and* a coach.

And finally, don't let your Assistant Manager handle contract renewals, as he'll offer multiyear deals to youth players who will never be good enough to play for you, which leaves you with the choice of letting them eat up a significant chunk of wage money every week, or buying them out, which, if they've signed multiyear deals, becomes rather expensive.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagicDaz:

icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice repro of King George's face as he uttered his immortal dying words .....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Bu99er Bognor! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

[True!]

I am a big fan of managing in the lower leagues and have one simple solution: Get promoted. My Bishop's Stortford had debts of 75k (not as much as you, but still debt). Two seasons after being promoted I'm now at a healthy 150k, although not much profit on a monthly basis. If you can't get promoted, a couple of tips that helped me to only have a debtof 75k: Sell players, or if no one will take them, consider releasing on a free. Cut wages - one tactic that always worked was reduce the weekly pay by a couple of clicks of the minus button, reduce the length to one year, and give bonuses for playing/scoring - then next year when their contract is expiring, do the same! Cup runs obviously help. Affiliating yourself with a parent is good too - I have Arsenal paying my 35k a year, not much, but it's something icon_smile.gif Holding friendlies is good too, especially if you can convince some bigger clubs to come - not Man Utd etc, but in the league or two above you. They will have more fans than you, and they will bring more to the friendlies than if you visited them for the match. Hope it helps, and good luck!

I know how you feel. I took over Ilkeston Town who were in the Blue Square North and they were £3.5million in debt.

The important thing is to not nessaccarily make a profit, but to be able to afford the debt interest do you don't go even further into debt. The best way of doing this is control your wages, be as low as human possible even if the board say you can spend more. Also, sell players if a good offer comes in, even if their a first teamer. You might want to have a few big money friendlies away to big teams as well, as you can easily rack up a few hundred thousand in the preseason

Archived