PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to create a new game for the new patch? Or can I resume my current save?

donrassartz
07-12-2009, 16:59
I asked this is another thread, but haven't had an answer yet. I've read a lot of threads regarding the patch, but I'd still prefer getting a direct answer, so I don't take the risk of misunderstanding a sentence.

Elmo
07-12-2009, 17:03
To get the full efffects of a patch its recommended to start again i believe.

trekman
07-12-2009, 17:13
Although they do suggest that you start again its not required as the patches are save game compatable. The only time you really have to start again is when the patch contains a major data update and there wont be one of these patches until after the January transfer window closes.

donrassartz
07-12-2009, 17:13
Is there anything major that would go adrift if I don't start a new save?

mlindqui43
07-12-2009, 19:55
Other then the data, I haven't noticed anything. Most of the patch is for ME issues so whether you continue your game or start a new one, it really wont matter too much, the patch will still work either way

SCIAG
07-12-2009, 19:58
I don't like it went people insist they must start a new game when the patch comes out!

It is possible some things may not be fixed unless you start a new game (I imagine expectations might be one of those things?), but you should be fine. There is little need to start a new game for the sake of it.

Brian Shanahan
07-12-2009, 20:01
Well if you have an unreasonig love of Stephen Carr, don't start the game in 10.0 he's retired on that version. The only diference with starting a new game and continuing when patched up is that the database is from the version when you started the game.