Offering a player out for 0, Yet they go the bossman route!

Not the first time i have had this happen, It as happened a couple of times on my other save.

I have a player who i don't want and just want to get him off my wage bill so i offer him out for 0.

Then a Scottish team comes (Or a foriegn team) in and offers him a contract because it is expiring at the end of the season. Wtf i have just offered him out to you for 0, Why offer him a contract and have to wait untill the end of the season to get him.

I can't even offer the player mutual termination now because a team as put a bid in for him, So i am going to be stuck paying is wages untill the end of the season now!!

It is a little stupid that teams do this when i offer him out free in the first place.

33386343.jpg

19143705.jpg

I was sacked by Ipswich so have only just taken over Notts County who are bottom of League One on my save. Brian Laws as gone over the wage budget and i want to bring in some new players.

He has just accepted it and it will go through at the end of the season.

So whatever they have offered him now must be in their wage budget for this season, Because they won't get their new wage budgets untill the end of the season.

Do you have a save game before you offered him out? If so can you upload it to the FTP so we can take a look? Let me know, thanks.

Hi, I have just checked but i did not save for a while before i offered him out.

The last time it saved was an auto save about a week after Morton offered him a contract sorry. If that's any use?

• Administrators
Hi, I have just checked but i did not save for a while before i offered him out.

The last time it saved was an auto save about a week after Morton offered him a contract sorry. If that's any use?

Nah, thanks for offering - we'll just try and reproduce this internally. Thanks again. :thup:

I think it's linked to the fact that offering players, especially for free, is very difficult in terms of getting bites.

If SI could look at this it could fix this type of problem.

Teams should at least attempt to buy players for free, even if the wages are expensive.

I get the impression the AI doesn't take the low fee into consideration when baulking at wages.

One of those unseen bugs.

Archived