Problems with Steam

Hi,

I use Football Manager 2010 after downloading through steam but unfortunately Kaspersky has detected a bunch of worms and trojans with Steam. It also runs particularly bad before the game starts.

Please help me with the following two questions.

1. How do I run FM2010 without needing to have steam on my system as I want to uninstall it due to the problems and just play the game.

2. Has anyone else got these problems and if it is fixable how do you do it?

Sorry I'm not great with computer fixing so as clear instructions as possible is greatly appreciated. If this is the wrong forum please move into the right one. Thanks for any help offered. You can PM me if you wish.

Thanks.

you need steam to run fm your using a digital version

apart from your antivirus making dumb detections , what problems you have with steam

also Kapersky is giving wrong detections witch version your using? ( i personally think kapersky is a peace of junk , wen i tried it gave me BSOD and slowed down my system )

Because you have purchased from Steam you can't run FM without Steam running.

You can run Steam in "Offline" mode so you don't have to be connected to the internet but you still have Steam running in the background.

Never had any issues myself with it, last year I was running XP with Kapersky, this year Win7 and Microsoft Security Suite.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply Cougar, it's my Dad who is having these problems.

He gets an error message ERROR 1406 when opening the Steam Program. He presses ignore, then it goes through a lengthy update then lets him him. If you re-install steam which he has done twice it re-downloads the game but seems to only work temporarily. He can get into the program but it definitely has something wrong somewhere as my machine works straight away with no problems. Anyone else had this error message?

Thanks.

and don't listen to this poor advice :rolleyes:

poor advice? how is that poor whats wrong with AVG ive been using it for 5 years never had any major issues with it does a better job then Norton and Mcafee when those cost £30 a year plus it uses very little resources

poor advice? how is that poor whats wrong with AVG ive been using it for 5 years never had any major issues with it does a better job then Norton and Mcafee when those cost £30 a year plus it uses very little resources

Whilst better than nothing at all in terms of virus scanners AVG Free has been towards the bottom of benchmark tests for the last couple of years.

In terms of free options both Avira & Avast score significantly higher ratings while many "paid for" versions are provided FOC. eg my bank provides me with a Kaspersky licence currently.

Archived