So the regen issues not being addressed?

I think the players started off really crap this year. Theo Walcott, Lennon have been really low on their stats. I haven't seen any talk of people buying them, normally these are the players people look to buy. Yet mental stats are really low. We've been bred the last 3 series that Mental stats are key areas. Now these have been lowered.

Then you get some players who are are overrated Steven Pienaar being one of them.

Now the regens have been really poor, so poor that they don't develop at at all.

17-21 their stats stay the same. (excuses are, they need more matches, Reserve matches don't cut it, they need to be first team) - well how can they when they are so crap in the first place? Also if this is the case, what's the point having having U18, Reserve squads?

22-26 they develop slightly (3/4 notches). (Excuses their PA is too high, CA was too low, therefore you get an below average player)

23-31 their stats begin to decrease. (IRL players decline, Ronaldinho is not the player he was when he was 26 and you don't get many Zidanes where they peak at 30).

Vidic and Rofles on my game (30/31) have started to decline. Is it worth me giving them contracts? knowing they are only good at Championship level now?

You only have to see the regen thread this time last year that where it has doubled in size.

So is the regens not going to be addressed? Excuses like "his heading and marking attibutes are poor because this technique are poor and his work rate and determination means he will won't be world class despite his high PA." Just doesn't cut it no more.

Also why is it so damn hard to train mantle stats. Tutoring doesn't do much and alot of the time because their personality don't match or are are too high I get, "didn't learn much" or "only learnt a little."

That little increase 1/2 notches only decreases again the next year. Like WTF?

There are cases of this irl. Look at players who have the technique to be considered world class: Giovani Dos Santos, David Bentley, Adel Taraabt (potentially) but they're never going to fulfil this potential because mentally they're 'bloody idiots'! Whereas you have players who technically aren't the greatest but their mental stats are immense and they never switch off and are invaluable to teams - think Mascherano (good tackling and maybe passing at a stretch, but amazing mental stats).

Perhaps he's not the best example but hopefully you get the picture.

That post pretty much did it for me with the declining issues.

I got a forward, good technique but awful mental stats. It just doesn't add up how is he a grifted forward but will buckle under pressure, no composure what so ever.

There are cases of this irl. Look at players who have the technique to be considered world class: Giovani Dos Santos, David Bentley, Adel Taraabt (potentially) but they're never going to fulfil this potential because mentally they're 'bloody idiots'! Whereas you have players who technically aren't the greatest but their mental stats are immense and they never switch off and are invaluable to teams - think Mascherano (good tackling and maybe passing at a stretch, but amazing mental stats).

Perhaps he's not the best example but hopefully you get the picture.

The general point is there are players like this but not every player is like this. Pretty much all the regens have some form of flaw in them that go against their attributes and it's mainly mental stats.

All I want to know if it is being looked at and addressed certainly in Patch 2 and not in FM 2011 or the Feb patch.

I think there are just 2 really big problems:

1: Regens are too imbalanced in the distribution of attributes (leading to a LOT 16 year old strikers with finishing 16 but decisions 3 and things like that)

2: Teams don't develop their own youngsters anymore, they just buy from other teams, and other countries in particular. Teams like Ajax and Arsenal end up with having only a handful of home grown players.

Personally I dont think there is a regen issue in FM10. I think the regen issue was in previous versions. Regens were way to good.

In FM 10 World class prospect regens are much more rare.

In a West Ham save that is now into its 5th season, there have been maybe 4 or 5 top quality regen prospects and I managed to get one. In previous versions I would have 3 or 4 top class regens in my first team squad by season 4. I think this aspect of the game is finally more realistic.

The point is not the number of high PA newgens, but that most of them have skewed stats, like weird mental flaws (extremely low decisions for example) and that DMs have really low marking/positioning stats. But these issues are being looked at from what I've read in the bugs forum.

I just hope they can include a fix in the next patch.

Personally I dont think there is a regen issue in FM10. I think the regen issue was in previous versions. Regens were way to good.

In FM 10 World class prospect regens are much more rare.

In a West Ham save that is now into its 5th season, there have been maybe 4 or 5 top quality regen prospects and I managed to get one. In previous versions I would have 3 or 4 top class regens in my first team squad by season 4. I think this aspect of the game is finally more realistic.

When you say regens are rubbish, are you looking to fill your squad with 11 superstars. Or 2 superstars with a balance of v.good - average players around them, which if you look at most real life clubs is the case?

This is not what I am saying. The world class regens are rare yes. That's fine. But the regens in general are not right.

Example I have a striker, very good finishing, good pace, good technique. But he has 3 for decisions, 6 composure. 11 off the ball. He's hasn't improved on his mental stats. Yet he is a lethal striker. Basically tells me he can score goals once he figures out where the net is, and not to hit the keeper.

This is not what I am saying. The world class regens are rare yes. That's fine. But the regens in general are not right.

Example I have a striker, very good finishing, good pace, good technique. But he has 3 for decisions, 6 composure. 11 off the ball. He's hasn't improved on his mental stats. Yet he is a lethal striker. Basically tells me he can score goals once he figures out where the net is, and not to hit the keeper.

I like it that way tbh... It makes it all the more difficult to pick up good players which is realistic. Some players in real life are going to be just like the regen you discribe.... Great technically but thick as **** :)

Regens in previous versions have made this game way too easy. Its the same as this 48 month payment thing for transfers.... Its now possible to buy 100 million worth of talent with a transfer budget of 10 mil in the first season .... too easy and tbh, unrealistic.

Thats just my opinion, no offence was meant mate.

I like it that way tbh... It makes it all the more difficult to pick up good players which is realistic. Some players in real life are going to be just like the regen you discribe.... Great technically but thick as **** :)

Regens in previous versions have made this game way too easy. Its the same as this 48 month payment thing for transfers.... Its now possible to buy 100 million worth of talent with a transfer budget of 10 mil in the first season .... too easy and tbh, unrealistic.

Thats just my opinion, no offence was meant mate.

If it was only some Regens it wouldn’t be a huge problem the fact is the majority are compromised in fairly major ways. See the tables in this post for proof.

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4375545&postcount=116

This isn’t just a problem with top class regens it happens throughout the leagues and is arguably more crippling at the lower levels.

Are SI fixing it I’m not sure first they insisted they had done long term data analysis and everything was fine except DMs marking. Then after a bugs forum poster did some of his own, that to my mind at least conclusively proved the problem, an employee of SI ended his participation with a post that down played it and was vague as to what if anything is to be done about it.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=172770

Regens in previous versions have made this game way too easy.

While I agree that regens in FM 2009 were a bit too good, I think you're missing the point. Yes, in real life you have strikers like the one described who are good finishers but mentally very weak. And you should have these in the game too. The problem, however, is that the majority of newgen strikers appear to have crappy mental stats. Which is definately not right.

edit: whilewolf beat me to it :)

I am convinced this is something they dont want to fix.

The day we have a game that is very stable long term is the day we start buying yearly updates.

SI knows what its doing see.

How much are Eidos paying you to trawl through here creating noise and nonsense?

Regens are fine. World class ones exist, they're just harder to find, just like the real world.

OMG! stop all the denying. i am getting so frigging fed up. the regens are not fine. the attributes distribution is way off, and the mental and hidden stats almost always have major flaws. yes, world class regens exists, but the game keeps creating wingers and strikers with off the ball 6 and 8, and dm's with marking 6 and 8. this is not fine, and there are more examples. try playing for 10 seasons, and see how much real talent there is in the footballing world. the sports world is supposed to move forwards, not backwards

Wow...for once I'm happy that I play in the MLS, that way I can edit the draft class each year to keep the league running...

As an example of regen quality, I have a 16 y.o. on my team that can one day be a "leading" RM in MLS. His mental stats? Anticipation-2, Composure-2, Concentration-4, Decisions 1, Off the Ball-1. I've paired him up with one of my best players, and am using him in a fictional tournament that I've created to get him some playing time. Hoping to see some sort of improvement...

Archived