Would other sports benefit by an SI Management Sim?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was a few years ago! OOTP!

Oh yeah forgot about that.

I would buy an NFL management game, think that could go really in depth.

I'd love this to happen but I don't think I'd be able to resist making the Indianapollis Colts the worst team in the NFL.;)

Yes I'm a New England Patriots fan

I'd love this to happen but I don't think I'd be able to resist making the Indianapollis Colts the worst team in the NFL.

Yes I'm a New England Patriots fan

That means absulutely nothing to me :D Its football, but you handle the ball most of the time :confused:. Compared to Soccer, where you use your foot most of the time :confused: :D

Until India gets much much richer there will be no cricket manager, the old F1 manager games were kind of cool there might be an updated version sometime.

As for NFL, that would be a nightmare to get contracts for its all tied up with exclusive EA milking it.

baker,simon you make a very good point with the NFL fiasco, i enjoy both european and american football and would love the idea of having an NFL management type game.

concerning the Cricket management game there is already one called International Cricket Captain, i dont know how much depth it goes into though as i havent played it, was tempted to buy the game but had more important things to get before i got that and it then i forgot about it, worth a go though!:thup:

I know its not a sport for say but a Wrestling Manager made by the great people here would be awesome I know there is a few wrestling sims out there like TEW etc but I think you guys could make an even better game, Id also like a Mixed Martial Arts Manager.

SI can't get a playable version of FM out once a year, how would they manage to cope with another game release?

I appreciate you're disappointed with the game, but do you have to hijack every thread you post in with this sort of nonsense?

Yes an American Football sim would be great. For a game like FM (American Football version) there would be an easy work around for the EA NFL crap. While there are some NFL management games out there none of them are at the level that FM is at. Which is why they struggle to sell their product at any type of significant level. To me that is funny because the NFL is king in the States and pulls in much more money than any "soccer" league in the world to include the EPL.

a good NFL sim would be great.

Hockey (EHM) was awesome but couldn't survivie the lack of interest. Would love for someone to pick that project up.

Si had OOTP Baseball at one point and it is a great game too. The only downside is lack of any animated match engine which makes it boring after a while.

SI used to have a hockey sim that was great. In fact, the original Eastside Hockey (long before SI) was what got me into sports simulation games. SI has since discontinued it, but man I'd love to have the option to purchase a new hockey sim game.

As for baseball, Out of the Park Baseball (OOTP) is still the best baseball sim in the business. American football as a simulation game has been tried by a few companies, but none are very good. There was even a college football simulation game, but that too wasn't very good.

Yes we NEED Eastside Hockey Manager back!!!!!!

SI GAMES: Your reason for discontinuing it was piracy but now with Steam you can't use that one anymore. Heck if you even just updated EHM 2007 with new rosters and a starting year of 2009 I would have my credit card out of my wallet in a heartbeat!

I know its not a sport for say but a Wrestling Manager made by the great people here would be awesome I know there is a few wrestling sims out there like TEW etc but I think you guys could make an even better game, Id also like a Mixed Martial Arts Manager.

FYI, Grey Dog Software, which makes TEW has MMA, basektball, and American football sims out. Not sure if any are good, but they are out there.

Yes we NEED Eastside Hockey Manager back!!!!!!

SI GAMES: Your reason for discontinuing it was piracy but now with Steam you can't use that one anymore. Heck if you even just updated EHM 2007 with new rosters and a starting year of 2009 I would have my credit card out of my wallet in a heartbeat!

And maybe also update the teams and the KHL. :D

I still play the game (EHM07) every now and then even though I play FM alot. But the main thing is marketing the game to the Canadian and northern US market, and also to the European markets. I know one thing: the game wasn't discontinued because of lack of interest. I would love to see EHM12 (seeing that it might be late for EHM11) at a nearby shop over here. :)

And maybe also update the teams and the KHL. :D

I still play the game (EHM07) every now and then even though I play FM alot. But the main thing is marketing the game to the Canadian and northern US market, and also to the European markets. I know one thing: the game wasn't discontinued because of lack of interest. I would love to see EHM12 (seeing that it might be late for EHM11) at a nearby shop over here. :)

I still play it from time to time too, sometimes with data updates available around the 'net and others without. I didn't even get into soccer (football) until trying FM 2009 out due to my lack of continued interest in EHM.

To see an updated EHM with the same type of feel of FM would be a very pleasant surprise.

Rugby League 2 by Sidhe had a management side to it, but it was basic, an almost childish attempt.

Basically all you could do was choose your team, hire & fire, choose training level (low-high).

It was aimed mainly at playing the game yourself....shame. A Rugby league game like the FM series would be the ultimate game for me.

Cricket for sure. I used to play International Cricket Captain. But haven't done for years.

The only cricket games around now involve actually playing, and almost feel kind of shallow. A bit like FIFA or PES.

A Cricket management game could be pretty similar to Football Manager, but would be a lot simpler.

Far less tactic tinkering and player searching.

I think they could probably do something very similar to what ICC used to be. I don't even know if ICC is still around properly, or what it's like. But I think I had the 2002 version. Loved that game :)

F1 would also be a good idea. As would most of the American sports like NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB...NASCAR even...I think a NASCAR manager game could be quite cool...

This thread is a joke right? NFL management? Who actually cares outside the US? Same goes for Baseball, basketball, or any other American games that exist simply to make Americans feel better 'cos they're "the best in the world" at them.

I like watching Rugby (but only union) and Cricket (mostly tests) but I doubt either of these would be financially viable, especially the cricket.

This thread should be closed and deleted, to make sure SI don't get distracted from what really matters.

This thread is a joke right? NFL management? Who actually cares outside the US? Same goes for Baseball, basketball, or any other American games that exist simply to make Americans feel better 'cos they're "the best in the world" at them.

I like watching Rugby (but only union) and Cricket (mostly tests) but I doubt either of these would be financially viable, especially the cricket.

This thread should be closed and deleted, to make sure SI don't get distracted from what really matters.

Jee, someone's butthurt.

There are plenty of international players better than americans in Baseball and Basketball... American Football i don't care about either generally because it hasn't gone full international.

Jee, someone's butthurt.

There are plenty of international players better than americans in Baseball and Basketball... American Football i don't care about either generally because it hasn't gone full international.

Yea but I'm talking target audience for the game.

It's already been said, but SI needs more than a year to get a proper working version of football manager out, so dividing their own resources to other sports and projects is pointless... Especially if it's a sport they don't have a passion for.

I don't know all their sporting passions but I can imagine football takes more than the lion's share, so any other game would probably be a half assed broken game.

I partially agree, I mean look at Baseball's "World" Series.........Oh Wait

On a global level, Football won't really ever see any competition when it comes to sports games.

The only other sport to have shown any real commercial viability ever is F1 with GPM and GPM2. Aside from that, AAA titles just aren't going to be profitable given the amount that would have to be recouped when considering licensing costs (see EHM and OOTP).

Actually you'll find there are a lot of people outside the US who actually follow the NFL, Baseball etc. I'm english and follow most American sports and also play baseball in this country.

Just because you don't like a sport doesn't mean it's worthless. Also with Baseball the first ever World Champions not World Series champions were Great Britain who beat an American team for the title.

I'm an American who grew up with and has a huge passion for the NFL. However, one of the biggest draws (for me) to FM is all the leagues and countries involved. In all my time playing FM, I hardly ever play any teams from the larger leagues. I find it much more satisfying playing in smaller leagues.

Meaningful professional american football only exists in the US. Canada comes in 2nd, but it's a huge dropoff in every way. I think it would get kind of old playing a long term NFL sim. Thre's also only 1 league. There would no satisfaction of bringing a lower league tierd team up to the prime time. It would be basically, you pick one of 32 possible teams, play in only 1 available league, have no world competitions, no regional competitions, and only 1 league competition.

All that said, I'd still give it a go.

Archived