Most overrated team in your game/league/division?

Dundee United in the Scottish premier league. I played a 4 season as Rangers and Dundee United were unbelievably good often going on 20 game unbeaten runs and seriously challenging Rangers and Celtic for the title every year.

Dundee United in the Scottish premier league. I played a 4 season as Rangers and Dundee United were unbelievably good often going on 20 game unbeaten runs and seriously challenging Rangers and Celtic for the title every year.

I think this was discussed on one of the Scottish League threads somewhere.

Totally agree with you though, I’ve found much the same. In 3 full seasons in the SPL, it is pretty much a three way fight between the Old firm and Dundee United which isn’t realistic imo.

There has also been discussion elsewhere on here about Falkirk in the SPL. According to the researchers they are rated very poorly but I’ve found, as have many others, they are comfortably finishing top 6 every season, they even won the Scottish Cup in mine too!!!

Dundee United over-rated???

Considering they have been a side that the old firm have struggled otbeat over recent years on a number of occassions and competeing very well in the SPL and the finance troubles the old firm going up in smoke Dundee United competeing is a very realistic senario IMO.

Anyway the over-rated teams, Hearts, they score far to many on my saves.

Agree about Dundee United. There was a debate about them on the data issues part of the forum and the researchers said it was a match engine problem rather than them being overrated. Hearts aren't so good on my game and neither are Falkirk.

I am Hibs who also have a good record against the old firm in recent years and quite frankly I dread playing Dundee United. I would rather play Celtic or Rangers cause at least if I lose I'm unlikely to get absolutely shredded.

Everton won the League in Season 2

I didn't mind though, it was fresh and unusual and they played well for 38 games. The next season they were back to 10th with the same squad.

Sunderland won the CCC in Season 2 and by 20 games of Season 3 were sitting on top of the EPL. They faded though and finished in 9th.

West Ham or Sunderland for me

Darren Bent and Fraizer Campbell almost had 80 goals between them in the second season

Dean Ashton- Words cannot even begin to describe how much this man torments me. 13 for Long Shots and 13 for Free Kicks and yet you'd believe he was the genetically engineered test tube baby made from the genes of Platini, Pele , Gerd Muller and a Unicorn.

Genoa have done fairly well IRL but they are allso overrated in my save. They have qualified for CL every year and sometimes win the serie A. They are a very few team that play 3-4-3 and those 3 forward seem to be able to break any team playing 4 defenders.

Lyon is also a bit overrated as they continue their domination in France, while IRL they are already dislodged from that, but I am not that surprised.

Well Lyon isn't doing so great in my saves, sure they finish close to the top but Bordeaux is king.

What did suprise me was that on my Arsenal save, with French 1st and 2nd league set as active PSG got relegated after the 2010-2011 season. Offering most of their top players as a result... Sakho anyone? Shame Atl. Madrid snapped him up before me.

Dundee United over-rated???

Considering they have been a side that the old firm have struggled otbeat over recent years on a number of occassions and competeing very well in the SPL and the finance troubles the old firm going up in smoke Dundee United competeing is a very realistic senario IMO.

Anyway the over-rated teams, Hearts, they score far to many on my saves.

I am not saying they shouldn't be able to compete. I think they should probably finish around 3rd or 4th in the league. What i am saying that it is completely unrealistic for Dundee United to go on a 20 game unbeaten run, often outplaying Rangers and Celtic when they play them, and challenging for the title. There is no way that Dundee united would continually challenge for the title in real life.

On a side note it is only Rangers finances that are shot to peices. Celtic's finances are actually very good in real life i think, i am a gers fan so dont really know for sure but pretty sure they dont have any major debts.

Dundee United are not overrated. It is a match engine/AI problem as in my Scotland National Save St Mirren are the only Non Old Firm Club getting 50 plus points.

Again, though if you wish to bring up your reasons why they are overrated, then please post (constructively) in the Data Issues thread

Rangers are overrated in terms of reputation and finances. In 2011 they offered me the managers job and gave me a £19m transfer budget which they then increased a couple of months later for no apparent reason. I was able to sign Joe Hart, Christian Zapata, Fernando Gago, Nemanja Matic, Alex Hleb, Jo, Guilherme, Carlos Vela and a few others all in one season. There is no way these players would join Rangers in real life.

I am not saying they shouldn't be able to compete. I think they should probably finish around 3rd or 4th in the league. What i am saying that it is completely unrealistic for Dundee United to go on a 20 game unbeaten run, often outplaying Rangers and Celtic when they play them, and challenging for the title. There is no way that Dundee united would continually challenge for the title in real life.

On a side note it is only Rangers finances that are shot to peices. Celtic's finances are actually very good in real life i think, i am a gers fan so dont really know for sure but pretty sure they dont have any major debts.

Yea im a rangers man too so i am not 100% sure on Celtic finances but i do know like us they are not spending like they where under O'Niel and us with Advocaat (sp?). And i just feel that Dundee united if they could improve their consitancy at the end of seasons would be challengeing both teams IRL and with Celtic not spending and Rangers depts, wouldnt suprise me ifthey actually do it.

Archived